Noah's Mill Bourbon

anacostiakat

I was at my local beverage store maybe a month or so ago picking up a jug of bourbon as is my want.

I saw before me on the shelf a bottle of Noah's Mill Bourbon which I had been waiting to see appear so I could give it a try.

I also notice the price which was a little on the up side of what I like to pay. So as I hesitated the store manager asked if I would like to try a nip as he had an open bottle.

Of course I answered in the affirmative and he proceeded to pour a taste for me. The first thing I noticed was that the nose was very straightforward alcohol without the normal corn, etc. that I am used to.

I then tasted it and was really put off by the burn and did not care for it. Went with a bottle of Elmer T. Lee which I can always fall back on.

Didnt think much of it again until I was in on Saturday and decided to give it another try. Just cracked the bottle and took a taste. Pretty much the same experience.

Undaunted, I decided to add a splash of water and wait a few minutes to let it breath. Maybe ten minutes or so.

Wow was I rewarded with an abundance of flavor. It is heavy on the cinnamon and spice but letting it breath with the water or a cube or two is certainly the way to go.

It weighs in at a little over 114 proof. 15 year old.

I guess my point is that just like a good cigar you should not give up on initial experience. This one is very good.

Hey Anacostiakat,

Sounds like you may have been at Central Liquor? If so, I love that place! Always nice to be able to sample a few different things. For Scotch, Bourbon, and other liquors, that place is fantastic. Too bad for me it's a hike from the Dulles area to get there. Whenever I want to stock-up on unusual stuff, I point the car east and head to Central Liquor.

Cheers!

» Hey Anacostiakat,

»

» Sounds like you may have been at Central Liquor? If so, I love that

» place! Always nice to be able to sample a few different things. For

» Scotch, Bourbon, and other liquors, that place is fantastic. Too bad for

» me it's a hike from the Dulles area to get there. Whenever I want to

» stock-up on unusual stuff, I point the car east and head to Central

» Liquor.

»

» Cheers!

Actually I shop mostly at Schneider's on Capital Hill.

Central is within walking distance from my office so I do stop by there occasionally. Schneider's prices are better usually.