don\'t shoot me...

Hey Cliff,

I have had two different experiences with Piedra's. My first one was terrible, I think a friend gave it to me. I never thought I would smoke another. About three months I received three five packs for free. I thought nothing of them and threw them in my humidor. A few weeks later I took them out for a get together. They look really rough, but they had a fantastic flavor. It is nothing like a Monte or a Cohiba, but for the price they are pretty good. Very earthy and a little on the rough side. Somke of them had loose draws, but overall I think you should try them.

Good Luck

Thank you

They are ok for a yard gar, in my opinion. I'll smoke them at work, or when I'm working in the yard. They will give you that Cuban flavor, but for when a good cigar really matters I'm not looking for anything in their line.

Worth trying to see for yourself, and hey..... if you like them.... by all means smoke them. ;-)

Nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, a few bundles of those might be nice to have as everyday smokes, smokes to give to guests that don't know much about cigars (all they'll care about is that it comes from Cuba), and smokes where you want to be smoking something but don't have the time nor the attention span to sit down and pay attention to the flavors and body of the cigar. To each his own!!

-Patrick

• 2 months later...

when I look at all the names of cigars that have been posted here I feel embarassed to ask your opinion about jose L Piedra...

I've only recently started smoking those and I like the petit casadores, they are better made than the others (nationales, conservas, and the cremas) also the leaf is darker, I think it's colorodo-maduro / maduro...

what's your opinion about these? :lookaround:image7922.jpg

thanks for the reply's,

there are some that are indeed rough, but overall they are nice made...

they give indeed that nice cuban taste, perfect to do the lawn or other work. :-D

I recently bought a bunch (with the nice collectors can) and the smell was incredible, very strong and tasty.

image7946.jpg