Cohiba Mad 5 Secretos

I just bought a box of these a few months ago and was wondering how long I should let them rest in the humi. I know since they are kinda new no one really knows but, a year, six months? I'm not in any hurry just want to know. Thanks all.

Hey TCambel,

I bought a box about 8 months ago. They were not that good at first. But every few months I smoke one and they are getting better, but I have to say I am still a little disapointed. But, I know it will be worth it to let them age another year or two.

Good Luck

Thank you

I have had several from both 10's and 25ct. I really like them. There have been a couple bad apples but for the most part much better now than when they first arrived. I did hold one box for aging and I think they will be great in a few years.

In the main I think they will age very well. I amlooking forward to trying them again with 3-5 years on them. I have found some to be a little agressive when young....but with plenty of mongrel and promise.

T-

I brought a box of each when they came out and was very disapointed with them like could not believe. I just smoked one the other day and was still not happy.

As the boss states maybe in 5 years they'll a wonderful cigar but right now they are buried in the my humi.

Dave.

Just got a box of these and was very disappointed with the first sample. Tight draw, no flavour to speak of, in short I thought I had wasted my money. However, the second one I chose felt softer and so had an easier draw, better burn, better volume of smoke and decent flavour. Like other posts here there seems to be variation in each box. Will try one every 6 weeks or so but they look like they are keepers for the long term. I think time can only improve them as there are young cigar features to them. My box is July 07 so I would give them 18 months at least.

After that first cigar from this box I had a couple of cynical thoughts.

1. Cohiba has just bought some non-cuban maduros and packaged them up.

2. This is a smoke designed for the US market in anticipation of opening of trade. It was exactly as I remember non-cuban maduros from some years ago and therefore would be eagerly sought by USA smokers as fitting a familiar flavour profile for them.;-)

Full marks for the packaging though - its a nice little mini humi.