Noob Question

As mentioned in another post this fact puzzles me. Are all Cuban cigars over 50 years old? Do all Cuban cigars have a triple cap? Please help a Cuban cigar novice identify when he really may be smoking one. I believe I really have smoked 3 real Cubans and they were excellent smokes. Thanx alot.

you are thinking pre-revolution cigars. so no, they can be a day old and still be real. again, the cap a matter for the roller - i'm not sure that there is a set rule. it will be what they have been told to make. i've never heard of a rule for triples or other.

as for knowing it is cuban, the trite answer is check the band or box or trust your source. if you mean how do you tell if it is a cigar without indication, you need to have spent a lot of time experiencing them for yourself. i must confess that probably around 0.001% of cigars i have smoked have been non cuban. simply the way it is. we do not see a lot of non cubans here except for the cheap and nasty and i see no reason to smoke them. i suspect i'd struggle to pick a good non cuban simply as i have no experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx Ken for yer reply. Since I'm in the states that .0001% has to do my experience with Cubans. Since they are just not legally/easily available I enjoy smokes from all over the world I can buy at my local cigar store preferring Nicaraguan most of all. The Cubans I get are from friends who have recently been in the islands vacationing. About one or two a year. Thanx to you too Brooklyn for yer input.

» Thanx Ken for yer reply. Since I'm in the states that .0001% has to do my

» experience with Cubans. Since they are just not legally/easily available I

» enjoy smokes from all over the world I can buy at my local cigar store

» preferring Nicaraguan most of all. The Cubans I get are from friends who

» have recently been in the islands vacationing. About one or two a year.

» Thanx to you too Brooklyn for yer input.

I was in the Bahamas a couple times and most of the "Cuban" cigars were fakes. I would not buy cigars from many sources as I trust very few people. There is a good source in Australia for real Cuban cigars look for it.;-)