A guy walks into a b&m

Funny thing happened when I went into vancouvers bc best store. Now we have all heard stories about people buying cc's online and taking them to their local retailer and asking if they are legit, so I decided to do some investigating. On saturday I bought an assortment of various cigars and put them in my travel humi and left. The next day I returned when different people were working and asked them to examine my cigars. I told them that I bought them online and that I was wondering if they were real. The gentleman said he could spot a fake a mile away and after looking at them and feeling them up like they were a prom date told me that they were fake!!! I thanked him and he told me that they only sell 100 percent Habanos and walked with me to their walk in humi and after looking around I bought a few more sticks knowing that mine and the ones I bought that day were real. So the moral of the story. Just because a store says your smokes are fake they might be real and the person doesn't know what they are talking about.

» So the moral of the story. Just because a store says your smokes are fake

» they might be real and the person doesn't know what they are talking about.

OR.........

Just because someone in a store says their cigars are legit, they may not be, and the

person may not know what they're talking about :-D

» » So the moral of the story. Just because a store says your smokes are

» fake

» » they might be real and the person doesn't know what they are talking

» about.

»

» OR.........

»

» Just because someone in a store says their cigars are legit, they may not

» be, and the

» person may not know what they're talking about :-D

True, but when one goes to this worldwide chain of CC stores you expect and purchase THE real thing. And you should assume that the people their know what they are talking about.

Unfortunately, and especially in the Geographical area this is taking place, there are Tobacconist that run B & M that really do not know a real Habano from a Fake.

While it can be agrued that the person working there Should know the difference, it is a sad fact that as an educated cigar smoker one can never assume that they do.

I think we have all been burn't or disappointed at some time when we put blind faith in other professionals. You know.....the builder, the architect, the doctor, the dentist, the IT guy etc.

I have stopped assuming outright that someone knows more than I. In medical issues I always seek second opinions...with builders I always check work completed daily, with architects I always question "why?".

It really is no different in the cigar world. Keep your wits about you. Ask questions, believe half of what you see and little of what you hear until the information has been checked and cross referenced.