Humectant store

SmokinAl

Very impressive, Q !!!! :-) :-) :-)

» from those amazingly good looking guys at Cigarmony.com.

It's like the grammies, or after a moto gp race, when you thank your director or tyre manufacturer! ;-)

I really admire your fine craftsmanship!

Cheers,

George

Guest Warren

» If you slip your hand under the right hand side and pull you get access to

» a small compartment for bits and pieces (or to hide cigar money from the

» wife).

That is a fantastic idea Al , I just wish it was big enough for me to actually hide from the wife. :-D

» » Looking great mate! I love secret compartments :-)

»

» Guess what?

» No longer a secret. :-D

Mate, secret is what the wifey don't know... for your own sake do as I have done, firewall this site out from her computer :cool:

» Looks good, bloody fingers. I imagine a fairly tight seal on the drawer?

Hi Colt, the drawer in this is the art. It needs to slide easily whilst making an airtight seal. The drawer runners are complicated and very time consuming to do. I replaced the slides on the runners three times before I was happy with it. To keep things really interesting, I want a join at the front corner that looks like it's all one piece and a slight angle at the back corner to allow for movement. If I hadn't mentioned this clearance, you wouldn't notice it without very close inspection.

Now I have to seal this wood very quickly so it can acclimitaze gracefully. Better than it warping and having to start again which can and has happened.

Thanks all for the kind words. I'll be polishing this week and I hope will have it all finished by this time next week (fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Al.

• 6 months later...

G'day folks,

A few of you have written and asked about the humidifier in the Hang-Ten Humidor and I've explained a picture or two would make it all much clearer.

So, without further ado:

image6289.jpg

The base/feet of the box looks the same from all four sides.

image6290.jpg

If you slip your hand under the right hand side and pull you get access to a small compartment for bits and pieces (or to hide cigar money from the wife). I've recycled a piece of veneer from a box of PSP2 to line the tray bottom.

image6291.jpg

Behind that is the area that a plastic tray will go filled with RH Beads from those amazingly good looking guys at Cigarmony.com.

I trust this has (finally) answered the question for those of you that asked.

Cheers,

Al.