Ramon Allones Eminencias

Ramon Allones Eminencias Edicion Regional

Gran Coronas, 143mm x 44 ring

PMR JUN05

Construction was excellent, no soft spots, nice and firm, well filled.

Wrapper was a nice silky caramel color and very thin and smooth.

Draw throughout was firm, but it produced a nice amount of smoke. Burn was excellent, with only two minor touch ups.

Accompanying beverage was a nice Australian Tawny Port that went very well with the cigar.

The Eminencias lighted easily and started out pretty mild, a little sweet and somewhat grassy. 2nd third was nice and sweet, kind of like molasses, had some floral tones, and still that grassy flavor, kind of "cohiba-ish". I started getting a slight mint taste and a bit of that nice toasty tobacco flavor. Barely a hint of spice and still on the mild side of medium, but some nice flavors are starting to come out. Last third was definitely the best, as the flavor really built to medium+ and a bit of spice started to kick in, along with some cedar and toasty tobacco flavor with a nice caramel sweetness.

Overall, I enjoyed the Eminencias, but it is probably not such a good after dinner smoke, as it is too mild. The flavors seemed to have soft edges, not sharp or brash as this cigars age would have suggested. Next one I smoke will be in the morning or afternoon, or after a lighter dinner. If you are a fan of the heavy, full bodied Habanos like Bolivar and Partagas, these might not be your cup of tea. If you like a lighter, more refined cigar now and then, you should find a spot in your humidor for these. 90/100

Last one I had was tight as all get out. Had to throw it out the truck window, it would not draw after a poker was run down it five times. Going to look at the whole box tonight and evaluate potential draw problems.

» Last one I had was tight as all get out. Had to throw it out the truck

» window, it would not draw after a poker was run down it five times. Going

» to look at the whole box tonight and evaluate potential draw problems.

I tried to smoke one last night also...very tight and a very hard to draw. Don't sweat it...probably due to their youth and mine was very wet. I may revisit this box with one year (or more) on them....I am not a big fan of young cigars.....

» Sounds like the cigar is too young and thus the tastes are muted. RA has a

» tradition of needed lots of ageing to bring out the flavours that they are

» famous for.

Too young and no real rest time after the long trip. Only time will tell, but I have some hope that these will turn into something special.