having trouble loading pics

I am trying to load photos of my new aristocrat but all my photos are much larger files than the 200kb's (between 1.8-2.2 MB's) that are allowed to upload. Anyone know how I can get these photos to upload on here?

» I am trying to load photos of my new aristocrat but all my photos are much

» larger files than the 200kb's (between 1.8-2.2 MB's) that are allowed to

» upload. Anyone know how I can get these photos to upload on here?

You can compress them with softwares like irfan view.

I use Photoshop elements. It only takes a handful of clicks to resize the pixel dimensions, as well as the file size (kb).

» Uh, oh... your Aristocrat is too big!

I wish shrink! I'll get to working this out asap. I have a Mac so I'm almost ashamed to be asking for help. Hopefully i'll get them up shortly.

» » Uh, oh... your Aristocrat is too big!

»

» I wish shrink! I'll get to working this out asap. I have a Mac so I'm

» almost ashamed to be asking for help. Hopefully i'll get them up shortly.

If you have troubles shoot them through to me :lol2:

» » Uh, oh... your Aristocrat is too big!

»

» I wish shrink! I'll get to working this out asap. I have a Mac so I'm

» almost ashamed to be asking for help. Hopefully i'll get them up shortly.

You dont say if you are using iPhoto or not, but if you are its really simple to resize photos.

1: Choose the photo(s) you want to resize

2: File - Export

3: Choose "File Export" in the tab menu

4: "Kind" choose jpeg, if you are going to upload them on the web

5: Change "Jpeg quality" or "Size" to change the size of the image. Jpeg quality change the size (in mb of the image, it throw away more data), size change the display size, so I guess you want to change the display size and the quality if you want to upload them on the web. Try Medium, Medium, it might be a good solution for you

6: Click "export" and choose where to store them

7: check out your exported file, use the finder, select the image and hit space bar (quick view), if you dont like the result just export a new file with different settings.

if you are using aperture or photoshop just shoot me an email and I will help you out.

cheers

Or, upload them to photobucket.com where they have a new editing facility that can resize your pics.

real easy to do right on your own PC, open the file in paint, click "image" then click "stretch/skew" then bring them down to about 30% and then save.

easy as pie

» » I am trying to load photos of my new aristocrat but all my photos are

» much

» » larger files than the 200kb's (between 1.8-2.2 MB's) that are allowed

» to

» » upload. Anyone know how I can get these photos to upload on here?

»

» Or, upload them to photobucket.com where they have a new editing facility

» that can resize your pics.

I would never ever post to photobucket, ok, first a lot of BS about that you own the photos... but then...

However, by posting or making User Content available through the Site or via the Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket a nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform (whether by means of a digital audio transmission or otherwise) and process your User Content, or any part of it, solely on and through the Site and Services, including without limitation (a) adapting the format of your User Content (for example by encoding or transcoding) for suitable display on the Site; and (B) displaying, in Photobucket's sole discretion, your public User Content in search results generated by the Photobucket search engine. In addition, where you have made your User Content public, posted a link to your User Content on another website or otherwise shared a link to your User Content, you grant to Photobucket a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to sublicense the right to copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, and distribute your User Content as necessary to perform the Services, including without limitation the printing services offered by Partner Sites

so, if you upload and make it public, you loose more or less all your rights, they can even MODIFY your pictures...

Always, and I mean Always read the fine print...

cheers

WOW.. I moderate on a Muscle Car site and have thousands of pictures of members cars on Photobucket....screw them..I have to remove them now but I'm sure they will always have them at their disposal.

» So where do you post to Sandholm?

When it comes to uploading images, I use my agency and soon I got my new homepage up, for sharing images among friends I like Google Picasa, because the only "right" they take is the right to display your information royalty free, if you dont give them this right they cant display the images, but they say that its only for display purpose, photobucket and other places dont limit it down to displaying. Last thing, if it looks like its free, then there is a catch... there is always a catch, and always if the service is from the US...

now, I worked as a fashion photographer for some years ago, or many years ago... and then I just grew tiered of it, so changed line of work. I still work as a freelance, and do some commercial and fashion but just on a fun basis. Now we dont shoot digital, 3 things,

1: Resolution, for me to shoot digital and keep quality I have to use 3 sensors, 39 MPx, 16 MPx and then a 7 MPx, because you cant print a 39 MPx image in a magazine, but you cant use a 7 MPx to print large images.... it comes down to either up sampling or down sampling, you loose information

2: Color synchronization, digital sensors are non-linear, and horrible when it comes to heat, shoot one image, rub the back of your camera (put it in manual and dont change anything), shoot another image after say 5 min or rubbing, and the colors will be different

3: Cost, shooting digital dont add anything, but it cost so much more for less quality, now people always says that "I can see the image direct"... well... I got my images developed and scanned next day, and I shoot on medium format.. do you use your digital images next day? Do you ever get paper copies, seeing images on a screen just dont give rights to depth or colors..

But I do use digital, have a pocket camera which I love, also a Canon 5D (sorry but Nikon just dont work.. to much noise from the sensor, they have some new interesting products out but they have to prove themselves), otherwise I use a Hasselblad 500 C/M or my H3D, either with film back, or PhaseONE backs.

cheers