Quite a night

SmokinAl

Guest Warren

Thank you for a wonderful evening Al , you and Susanna are just the best hosts. Beautiful meal , fantastic cigar and amazing stories.

You are a lucky man Al you have a beautiful family.

Cheers

Warren

» Thanks Al, Susanna and Phantom Menace for a great evening.

»

» I can't believe I was working with 100 year old chisels...and didn't kill

» anybody or lose a hand :-D

»

» Al...you are a great teacher. I can tell everybody that the humidor being

» built is looking magnificent. We owe you a great debt of gratitude :ok:

» »

»

You are surprised Rob :lookaround: ... I have seen your handiwork...... I can't wait to check with Warren how many mistakes you did :-D

Guest Warren

I'm going to have to stick up for Rob here Lisa, He did a fine job and managed to leave with all his fingers. :-D

And I believe you now have a new paper weight. Bonus :ok:

What a bunch of cynics!

I've got to tell you, Rob did a far better job than I expected he could on a first attempt. I've cut worse looking dovetails than that myself (and I mean recently). Credit where it's due. The boys did good!

Doc G, that is a washing machine. I'm working from home and we have a laundry and small bathroom adjoing my workspace. All very compact and useful although I do sometimes get into trouble for dumping a load of sawdust on a load of washing:-D

» Al,

»

» You let THEM into your house? I'd check your kitchen drawers to see if any

» of the good silverware is missing.

G'day Austin, the silverware is fine but I can't find Susanna anywhere...:lookaround:

» » Al,

» »

» » You let THEM into your house? I'd check your kitchen drawers to see if

» any

» » of the good silverware is missing.

»

» G'day Austin, the silverware is fine but I can't find Susanna

» anywhere...:lookaround:

:lol3: Rob probably brought her back to Czar House to work so he has less to do himself. On the brightside, you could ask that he pays her in Cohiba's. ;-)

Al,

I am rather jealous that I was not there to talk shop with you. I cannot vouch for Warren but as for Ayala where do I begin?

This is a man who doesn't even know which end of the chisel to hit, look at the way he is holding that thing. Any handy work he tried to do at Czars ended with it being broken and either being thrown away or myself trying to fix it. I'm more concerned for his children growing up with a father who still thinks there is such a thing as a left-handed screw driver.

The only tool kit he owns has picture of Bob the Builder on each piece. Rob the Builder can he fix it....Rob the Builder... I don't think so!!

You know, I'm the first to stand up and take the pys when it comes to El Pres, but in this instance I really can't.

He did a more than commendable job. I'm probably going to get banned from the board for supporting the guy, but there you have it.

Rob is holding the chisel the way I showed him: try it, hand references the work piece to keep the chisel at 90 degrees. Don't grip the blade, support it. Makes it real hard to stuff up and you only need to chop from one side if you're getting it right.

Let me know when you're in Bris next Smithy, BBQ at Casa Al, smokes are on me.

Austin, I suspect that Susanna is at Czar, but I suspect kidnapping is more probable. I wouldn't be surprised to receive a ranson demand on Czar letterhead in the coming days.

» The only tool kit he owns has picture of Bob the Builder on each piece.

» Rob the Builder can he fix it....Rob the Builder... I don't think

» so!!

Thank you for your support Smithy :lol2: I think we spent half a day on the deck with Smithy trying to teach me how to tie a "Truckies Hitch"....I had him in hysterics. I still can't tie one :-D

Al no need to defend me. I have had years to get use to Lisa's shrieks of alarm on the few opportunities I have picked up a hammer :rotfl:

» Al no need to defend me. I have had years to get use to Lisa's shrieks of

» alarm on the few opportunities I have picked up a hammer :rotfl:

So let it be done. But I say onto you, Ayala will be vindicated in the next tutorial!

(Ok. I said you did good, can I have Susanna back now?)

» Thank you for your support Smithy :lol2: I think we spent half a day on

» the deck with Smithy trying to teach me how to tie a "Truckies Hitch"....I

» had him in hysterics. I still can't tie one :-D

You couldn't even get a Bow Line right. That afternoon confirmed for me that is was time to move on before some of Rob's life skills rubbed off on me.

» (Ok. I said you did good, can I have Susanna back now?)

She is indeed a keeper Al but far too intelligent to hang out with a reprobate such as myself. Check in the garage under the wood shavings :lol:

Guest Warren

» A picture paints 1000 words.

»

» None of these are glued up and each will look 100% when they are.

»

» Well done boys!

Thank you Obywon , the force was with us that night.

Actually I even had a good time on the way home. I was sitting in traffic on the bridge into town when I looked over at the sidewalk to see a young blond girl lift her shirt up and flash me . I smiled back and she burst into laughter.

A memorable night all round .:-D

• 7 months later...

G'day again folks,

It's been a busy few days and the sawdust has been flying. Susanna, The Phantom Menace and I have been chewing on more sawdust than the average termite so it's way past due to slow down and relax a little.

We were honoured tonight to have the company of our beloved Presidente and Warren who both rolled up their sleeves for the cause and starting dovetailing one of the trays for the hang-ten humidor and what a great job they did, all supervised by Mohammed-The Phantom-Menace- Hugh-Heffner-Ali.

Here's a preview of what you you'll see in the next exciting episode (after I've sobered up and had a jolly good lie-down).

image6125.jpg

El Presidente having a chop

image6126.jpg

Warren (who turns out to be craftier than we'd all thought)

image6123.jpg

The Phantom Menace-Ali-Heffner handles quality control...and it's all good!

Thanks Al, Susanna and Phantom Menace for a great evening.

I can't believe I was working with 100 year old chisels...and didn't kill anybody or lose a hand :-D

Al...you are a great teacher. I can tell everybody that the humidor being built is looking magnificent. We owe you a great debt of gratitude :ok:

» G'day again folks,

»

» It's been a busy few days and the sawdust has been flying. Susanna, The

» Phantom Menace and I have been chewing on more sawdust than the average

» termite so it's way past due to slow down and relax a little.

»

» We were honoured tonight to have the company of our beloved Presidente and

» Warren who both rolled up their sleeves for the cause and starting

» dovetailing one of the trays for the hang-ten humidor and what a great job

» they did, all supervised by Mohammed-The Phantom-Menace- Hugh-Heffner-Ali.

»

» Here's a preview of what you you'll see in the next exciting episode

» (after I've sobered up and had a jolly good lie-down).

»

» image6125.jpg

» El Presidente having a chop

»

» image6126.jpg

» Warren (who turns out to be craftier than we'd all thought)

»

» image6123.jpg

» The Phantom Menace-Ali-Heffner handles quality control...and it's all

» good!