How do the TRINIDAD COLONIALES compare to Reyes?

I tried the Reyes in the Christmas sampler and loved them even more then the Partagas Shorts. They were a great cigar. I am getting ready to order some Reyes, but wanted to know about the Coloniales as I like a good robusto.

Thanks!

Interested to hear responses to this.Lets hope they are better than the Robusto Extra I have from STL/SEP 06. I have smoked 4 of these and not a one was worth a ****. I just pulled one out to review this week. Last Coloniale I had was much better than these sticks but soi far..the Fundadore and Reyes are top shelf in the Trini line to me. Hopefully this RE has geveloped since my last try.

To me the Reyes is the standout. It is a very good young cigar whereas the Fundadores requires time to develop into a good cigar.

I find the Reyes to be deeper and richer in flavour than the Coloniales. I don't really see a comparison between the two but that is only my opinion.

» To me the Reyes is the standout. It is a very good young cigar whereas the

» Fundadores requires time to develop into a good cigar.

I smoked a EL Ingenios on Friday night and was beyond disappointed. I thought it was really bland. Maybe the dog rockets I generally smoke have burned out my taste buds? I really wanted to like this one too!

» To me the Reyes is the standout. It is a very good young cigar whereas the

» Fundadores requires time to develop into a good cigar.

»

» I find the Reyes to be deeper and richer in flavour than the Coloniales. I

» don't really see a comparison between the two but that is only my opinion.

I enjoy Trinidad cigars but have been unable to get any age on the Reyes or Colonials - RE and Fundi made it to deep storage but just can't seem to tuck the PC or Robusto away. I think they are both very good and I suffer charred finger tips when I light either up.

I recently made a mistake, thinking I was packing away a box of Reyes away for my morning cafe in Cuba. I packed the box of Coloniales instead, by error. In fact, the Coloniales had two years of age on them. To me, they just seemed a longer Reyes at that point. I think the difference is that Coloniales need more time.

I can remember being in Havana when the new Trinidad line of Reyes, Coloniales, and Robusto Extras were introduced. The opinion there was that the Reyes would be the winner, as it has proved to be. I don't discount the others, however.

Most every weekend morning will find me with a cup of cafe cubano and a Trini Reyes.

» » To me the Reyes is the standout. It is a very good young cigar whereas

» the

» » Fundadores requires time to develop into a good cigar.

»

» I smoked a EL Ingenios on Friday night and was beyond disappointed. I

» thought it was really bland. Maybe the dog rockets I generally smoke have

» burned out my taste buds? I really wanted to like this one too!

That's not good. I just got a box of these recently. It has sometimes been said that cigars go through a "resting period" where they don't really taste like much. I hope that's the case and they become flavor bombs soon.

» Anyone had an aged RE such as an original release? Do these ever come

» round do you think?

I think the Trinidad Ingenios will come around brilliantly but they do appear to have closed down over the past few months. There is too much going on within the blend (quality, depth, complexity) for them not to do so. Give them a little time as I don't think these were blended for 2008/09 in mind.

Graham I was recently fortunate to have an Original release Cohiba Double Corona EL. Still one of the finest cigars I have ever had. Then again there are others I have never liked....be it at initial release or today.