What Humidifiers do USA Walk ins use

You guys can really help me here.

I am looking for some advice on Direct Humidification systems for Walk in Humidors (both manual feed and automated)

We have used elcectronic automatied direct plumbed systems in the past which are fine until a hose blows (normally Sunday 2am).

What brand/model does your local walk in humidor use? I would be most interested to find out.

Hell, if I end up using the system I will send some gars as thanks to the first member who recommended it :-P

How about something like this? I have seen these in retail and personal use.

[link=http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=03214416000]Humi #1[/link]

[link=http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=03214417000]Humi #2[/link]

[link=http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=03214410000]Humi #3[/link]

Prez. Im researching this also. Im building a house soon and will be putting in a walk-in humi. Ill do my research and let you know my findings. My B&M has one similar to what N2Adventure describes. I check it out.

...Oh, and Rob, when my walk-in is done Ill buy 4 plane tickets for you, Lisa, Smithy to come visit. What's that? What about the 4th plane ticket? Oh forgot. You will fill that seat up with my inventory;-)

» Most shops near me use the Moist-N-Aire, or similar system. As an aside,

» most

» shops near me keep their stock over-humidified.

Same here. They only thing I dont understand here is 2 of the shops which just in the shelve Humis have well over $500,000 in stock. On warm days it isnt nothing to walk in see the door open and see it at 80 degrees inside. Isnt that a bit risky?

Risky it is.

The only problem I have with high end automated systems (plumbed in water supply) is that a burst hose or a plugged drain hose can cause severe damage. I know as I have lost $30,000 in damaged stock twice. Systems available here in OZ are rudimentary at best and so thankyou for your help gents.

my biggest problem with most shops here is that they keep stock way too wet.

there was this huge store i visited in north carolina (a jr i think) where the whole shop was a humidor. i was in there when the huge overhead humidifiers went off and it was like it was raining.

» Risky it is.

»

» The only problem I have with high end automated systems (plumbed in water

» supply) is that a burst hose or a plugged drain hose can cause severe

» damage. I know as I have lost $30,000 in damaged stock twice. Systems

» available here in OZ are rudimentary at best and so thankyou for your help

» gents.

$60,000 in lost Sticks makes me want to cry

Hose blows!!! Jesus Rob. How long have you guys on the prison continent had indoor plumbing?

My toilets, sinks, dishwasher, clothes washer…. etctera all have continuously pressurized water supply systems attached to them 24/7. And they don’t “blow” on Sunday at 2 am.

That is it! I am moving to the PC and becoming a plumber!

Now for a more serious discussion you may wish to explore the folks at CMT. No not Country Music Television!

http://www.habitatmonitor.com/

They make the set and forget systems that Bob Staebell uses in his humidors. These systems can be used with almost any type of line or low voltage humidification systems (including the ones they make just for cigars) and control a line voltage heater or air conditioner via a relay.

If you wish I can post pictures, give you more details via email, or talk to you on the phone about it. I think that they will have all the answers and solutions that you require.

Next Rob, you need to get your cigars off the floor, isolate your humidifier and put in a drain! A fiberglass shower pan to set the humidifier on will do. Next use a regulator or similar flow control device to control the amount of water that your supply can deliver when called upon to fill the humidor. Place the humidifier in the isolated area above the drain. Use AN fittings and Teflon lines to feed the system and if it ‘blows’ this time, no big deal. So you loose a few liters of water.

Oh, and Rob… since it is you. Don’t forget to use a trap. I don’t want my cigars smelling like methane! -Piggy

Listen Piggy..........The Habitat Monitor you have linked me to is perfect to tell me that the shite has hit the fan !LOL!

Twice we have been hit by a little suspected espionage in that the drainage line to the external of the property has been plugged. No biggie.

Thankyou gentlemen for all your help on this. I am on track to putting together a nice state of the art system :-)

» Listen Piggy..........The Habitat Monitor you have linked me to is perfect

» to tell me that the shite has hit the fan !LOL!

»

» Twice we have been hit by a little suspected espionage in that the

» drainage line to the external of the property has been plugged. No

» biggie.

»

» Thankyou gentlemen for all your help on this. I am on track to putting

» together a nice state of the art system :-)

Both Bob Staebell and Arlin Liss (both well respected cabinet maker in the US) offers to hooked the humidifer in their cabinet to a reverse osmosis system outside.

I believe the claim is that water coming out of the reverse osmosis system are purer and cleaner than distilled water.

you may want to check that out and really go overboard and state of the art.;-)