Habanos X Sommelier Competition

Anyone out there have information about the drink pairings made by the contestents in the Sommelier Competition at this years Habanos Festival. I always find it difficult to find info on this. But I have come across a few results of past competitions. And when I try them personally they are all good pairings. My personal favorite is from 2003 where Jorge Martinez of Cuba paired a Montecristo No. 2 with Balvenie 10 yr. Single Malt. Excellent combination as the sandalwood aroma in both really marry together well.

They also host a Armagnac Competition as well. I read this year they were matching competing armangacs with a Cohiba Esplendido. Not sure which of the armagnacs won.

And if you have any info about the corresponding question to previous years competition let us know.

I have never been to the Habanos Festival "Fair". Yes...disgraceful performance which PCC continuously remind me of. We frequent the dinners and private parties but the thought of going to a commercial fair leaves me cold...and it starts at 9am :surprised:

I am sure I have missed some great lectures. I would much rather go on the spouse program.