Punch Punch OCT 05

This review is for a Punch Punch OCT 05. This was a gift from a friend and I don't have a factory code. I've been looking forward to this cigar for a while because it would be my first Punch.

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0153.jpg

PICT0154.jpg

The construction was impeccable, with a flawless wrapper and a well formed cap. The filler looked well bunched and there were no soft or hard spot.

Clipping the head revealed a near perfect draw with only a little resistence.

PICT0155.jpg

PICT0157.jpg

The first few draw gave some nice spice, a little pepper and some twang.

The initial 3rd kept most of the initial impressions with more woody flavors. Exhaling through the nose I could swear tasting black licorice. I have not experienced this before, and it was quite pleasant.

PICT0158.jpg

The ash was dark and firm and held nicely. I had burn problems from the get go, one side burning more slowly than the other. I had to touch it up a couple times through the smoke

PICT0160.jpg

The second 3rd brought some more strength and the licorice flavor was still present on the nose exhales, something I was really enjoying. The smoke did take a dryness, something I'm not too fond of, but overall this cigar was smoking pretty nice.

PICT0163.jpg

The final 3rd brought more strength and a lot more woody flavors. The uneven burn was still there, and the spice kicked up a notch as did the dryness.

PICT0164.jpg

My overall take is this is a great cigar but my first impression makes me think this is not my favorite flavor profile, except for the licorice, but I will need to try a few more.

I would give this stick a 5/6 or 90/100.

I hope you enjoyed this review.

Hey jkorp,

My bad; it was your review that kicked me in the butt to get mine out there. I have corrected mine to give credit where due. My blood alcohol level must have dipped to dangerously low levels.:-P

Nice review and thanks.

Cheers,

Dave

Very enjoyable review :ok: I think the Punch Marque divides the Habanos community more than any other....particularly Punch Punch. There can be a blandness to fresh PP which is balanced over time. While I have had great fress Punch Prtit Punch, Great fres Punch Petit Corona....it is rare that I am blown away by fresh Punch Punch. A few years stimulates my interest while 5 years gets my juices flowing.

» Very enjoyable review :ok: I think the Punch Marque divides the Habanos

» community more than any other....particularly Punch Punch. There can be a

» blandness to fresh PP which is balanced over time. While I have had great

» fress Punch Prtit Punch, Great fres Punch Petit Corona....it is rare that

» I am blown away by fresh Punch Punch. A few years stimulates my interest

» while 5 years gets my juices flowing.

Thank you, I'll keep all that in mind. This was my first Punch, and I guess I was expecting to be blown away a little more. I'll have to try some other vitolas or something with more age.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friend

Thanks for your great review, hope by this time you have already your first Punch cigar, you wont regret it, is an outstandig cigar even for a very famous smoker, Sir Winston Churchill , and for anothers no famous smokers as me, i love them :-)

Greetings from Baltimore