Bolivar Royal Corona POS MAY 07

Rogers72

• 8 months later...

Bolivar Royal Corona

POS MAY 2007

Smoked 2/20/08

Construction is perfect with a medium Colorado wrapper. It has been resting for about 3 months since it arrived from the Czar. This smoke is young and I am hesitant to fire it up but what the hell...

image5572.jpg

image5573.jpg

image5574.jpg

image5575.jpg

Clipped the cap and it revealed a perfect prelight draw. Very spicy on the lips and just staright tobacco taste. It took to fire beautifully and immediately threw out loads of white smoke. Initial impression was much milder in body than expected but with loads of nice cedary/woody flavors and hints of black pepper. I noticed that its strength seemed to increase with each puff through the first third. Good looking white ash.

image5576.jpg

image5577.jpg

In the second third things shifted a bit as it began with a nice leathery/black pepper profile with something almost like raisins thrown in just a little. Nice long white ash by now. It has built in body to the full side of medium and then begins to show some youthful rowdiness with a bit of grass/hay that I am not all that fond of. This doesn't last long and gives way to nice nutty flavor.

image5578.jpg

image5579.jpg

image5580.jpg

image5581.jpg

In the final third, it seems to return to its original smooth cedary profile only a little heavier in body than its mild beginnings. I thoroughly enjoyed it and took it to the nub. I would give it a 92 if forced and probably could have gone 94 without that phase through the middle where it went around smashing mailboxes and knocking up the village tramp. But I digress. We were all young once. Overall, it smoked like it had five years on it.