the rainbow tour

we have made santiago. other wusses have crashed. i am on 2 hours sleep fopr 3 days so first installment tomorrow.

tour pretty much as planned.

arrive as santiago´s finest restaurant as planned to find that rob únderbelly´ayala has booked for the following night, forgetting the international date line. and it is valentine´s day. i end up looking over a candle at michel ´damascus´machine.

note to self. get new friends.

» arrive as santiago´s finest restaurant as planned to find that rob

» únderbelly´ayala has booked for the following night, forgetting the

» international date line.

:lol2: The number of times I've heard of things like this happening is astounding. At least it was a restaurant and not your connecting flights.

not happy. the scum called telstra have screwed up my emails so can´t get them. that will be fun when i get to madrid and have no idea what hotel i´m in.

i believe i am a tolerant person and there is no one of any race, nationality (even kiwi) or religion (no matter how looney tunes i think most of them are) that would not be welcome in my house except anyone who works for the scum that is telstra. i would have cigars and beers with bin laden before telstra would get near the place. i would be delighted if every single person who worked for the scum that is telstra suffered a very painful death. not a slow death - i want them gone from this planet quickly. if you know anyone from telstra, spit on them and release the hounds!!

now that i feel a marginally better, the tour is underway, rather more smoothly than usual. only one of the five of us missed the first flight (GG - better known as *** greg, not that there is anything wrong with it). underbelly ayala and desie the gent turned up hungover. i managed no sleep desparately trying to get everything done, and fighting with the scum that is telstra and had to drop the car off at the family´s for a 3.30 am taxi. it arrived as i did but we made it. GG caught us in sydney. good flights. air tahiti very pleasant and lanchile better than last time. the rest of them in pointy end while i have to slum it. how else can i afford underbelly´s cigars. even michel machine made it.

only incidents were when michel machine threw a small wobbly in tahiti because he thought he´d lose his luggage (he normally does). didn´t. then an elderly couple cut in front of him at the easter island customs. we held him down long enough for them to escape.

at the holiday inn in santiago. what a surprise. 30 metres from airport exit. new, clean, very good. got ripped off by the taxis to dinner when desie the gent prepaid the return trip. fat chance of them showing again. great meal at the same seafood restaurant as last time the guys were here, though i was hoping for better on valentine´s day than looking over a candle at michel machine.

no sleep again from fighting with the scum that is telstra but today, off to the lodge.

» had a cracker chilean chardy. alpha montes. and a very good carmenere.

» tapapaca i think. some pisco. vile. and a really good jamaican rum, name

» escapes. pompere. tereplate something.

any other good wines you've sampled?

Maipo? Colchagua? any reccomendies?

Interested parties want to know

we are back in santiago overnight. believe no lies that rob posts. great week fishing. greg, our debuntant, caught the only big fish, an 8 to 9 lb rainbow first day. greg slayed us. on average, we each caught 4 to 7 or so fish a day. greg a few more. a few 3 lbs, perhaps just a touch over. very different to fishing nz. one salmon. i got a 3 kg silver. told they are great fighting fish. this thing only fought when i tried to hold it up for a photo.

place was spectacular. brilliant scenery. top lodge, good guides. more fun than imaginable. rob did have a whopper handed to him on a platter, he reckons it was a metre (refer line one) which was sitting in a small hollow about four foot deep. he could not catch it.

strongly recommend it.

telstra remain scum of the planet.

more when time to post but just off the flight and head off at 5 am in a few hours for havana.

heard no news at all bar castro stepped down.