'98 ERDM tainos

broozer

These aren't the nicest wrappers I've seen on these cigars, but I never judge a cigar by how "nice" the wrapper looks. All I give a rat's ass about is flavor. The pre light draw was very tasty and very clean. Draw was perfect. WOW! This cigar did not bother starting out slow at all….it has some great flavors from the start. From the get go it has had a nice strong dose of strong tobacco and pepper, but that standard ERDM creaminess is barely showing. It's absolutely nothing like the '97 ERDM I smoked today. Nothing!

DSC03315.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

I really can't believe how strong in flavor this cigar is. I smoked through most of a box of '99's and they were a completely different cigar. Oddly enough, this cigar has a lot of the same flavors as the other two from today…….except in more abundance. This one also has a sweet spice to it mixed in with the cream. I think I might go make another expresso for this one. It'll go great with it…………be right back…………..ok, it's a brewing.

DSC03324.jpg

At the 1 ½ inch mark I think I'm tasting paprika, but I'm not sure. It's some sort of herbal flavor mixed with the pepper and it's outstanding. There's still volumes of smoke with every draw as well. Yeah, this coffee is working great with this cigar. It's almost like having a piece of pie and coffee for desert. The cream flavors are so smooth now it's almost to the point where it tastes like butter. I'm in awe………………………………………..it's nearing the halfway point and this cigar is just not letting up. I think I have died and gone to heaven……….

Just past the halfway point now and it's calming down a bit and the burn is acting up on me. Not sure why as I've had these in the aristocrat since last summer. No matter, the taste is not affected in the least bit. There's a bit of a toasty/bready flavor coming through now as well with the pepper hitching a ride on top of it. I actually wish I had a piece of chocolate cream pie to eat while smoking this and drinking coffee. It'd be a PERFECT combination. I'm almost afraid to smoke the gran corona I said I would after this because I'm afraid it's gonna be a HUGE let down after this one. LOL!!

I gotta go with ole MRN on this cigar. When well aged it's a ******* classic. I will definitely smoke these slowly over the years to see how they age and I will absolutely save at least 2-3 to smoke when they're 25 YO. Even at ten years I'd put at a score of 95+ at least. There's about 2 ½ inches left on this cigar and I think I'm gonna have to find a sugar momma and do sexual favors for her in order to buy every box of these I can that's out there. It's definitely in my top 5 all time best cigars without a doubt. Two of them would also be a custom rolled salamon rolled by hamlet and a '98 HDM DC.

Jeez! Can someone please make this cigar NEVER end. I could smoke this cigar all night long and never get tired of it. Rob, I have to send you one. Now that I'm settled I need to get that package I've promised you off in the mail soon.

Ok, back to the cigar. There's less than two inches left and it's just not letting up. It's back to that heavy flavor of pepper with a light creaminess just under that now. It's definitely gonna end strong. Right now is one of those times I wish I had learned to exhale through my nose. I'm sure I would be able to really pick up on all the flavors of this cigar. Well, at the one inch mark it's getting a bit bitter, so I think I'm done…………but I wish I wasn't. When I bought this box I paid a lot and told myself I was nuts to pay that much, but since they were cut from production I said what the hell. Now I wish I had bought two boxes. They are really that good. It's past 1am now and I hope I get around to the gran corona. We'll see………………

DSC03325.jpg

DSC03328.jpg

Ok, I lied….i picked up the ole xikar multi tool and I'm gonna smoke this son of a ***** to the nub….. :-D

DSC03329.jpg

Now it's done… :-D

oh yeah, dinner that proceeded this wonderful cigar:

dinner2-6-08.jpg

Fantastic review and pics,

The flavors you describe so well I also find in the box of 97 Tainos I'm going through...slowly...herbal notes, pepper, cream..its all there and with a cup of coffee these are great. I find these smokes to be extremely tasty.

It is a crying shame these have been discontinued...who knows maybe they will pop again sometime in the future...