FOH Chicago Get Together

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there's a good chance that I may be in for this. Alex, any chance you can drag George and Clint to this? Would be great to see you guys again.

Rob, I'll most likely be staying at the Hilton outside the G terminal of O'Hare. I'm not sure what time I'll be there yet, but mostly likely be taking the 2:05 out of Louisville and arriving at 2:55pm. If you can wait, we can share a cab (of SLR DC) or I can grab a rental and drive to our destination. I have to fly out to Tucson at 9am on Monday morning, so I'm under the same constraint as you regarding a late night.

» 9 so far...i may bring 2 or 3 more so lrts call it 12 as of right

» now...come on boys...keep chiming in,,

»

Ok, I just got off the phone with Allison Straus, the general manager of Harry Caray's @ Rosemont. If we have a party of 20 or more they will reserve the back half of the patio for us. We can smoke cigars there. The rule is they have an awning over the front half of the patio, and as long as we are not under said awning we can smoke cigars, eat and drink to our hearts content. She will need to confirm an exact number since we will probably be there over two dining service periods to make sure they can cover their $$$ for the area. She will call me back tomorrow with a confirmation. She also advised that whoever said there was no smoking of cigars on the patio was incorrect. I was unable to give her a name.

I'll post more when I get her confirmation. You guys can decide on where you want to go then.

» The guy who answered first said NO then I heard him talking to a woman who

» said 15ft. We need to settle this and go for it wherever we choose.

Well, I took the name of the lady I spoke with and she happens to be the general manager, so I can't do any better than that.

I still need to wait for her phone call tomorrow to verify the number they would need to reserve the majority of the area for us. They don't usually take reservations for the patio, but would be willing to do so as long as it doesn't hurt their revenue for the day.

Is waiting until tomorrow a problem for anyone?

» Stray..

»

» Clint, Claudio and Bernie are in for this event.

»

» Not sure about George as no one really talks to him anymore!

Yes I'm in. If I have a vote it would be the Orland location. I have been there before and they really know how to throw a party. I also like the fact they are willing to make a private event. That means we won't have any problems with over staying our welcome. JMHO.

Either way I will be there and the guys that are usually around me. Sam can't wait to hang again botl.

» I am leaning towards Orland myself. Its a bit of a ride but if there are

» thunderstorms we are screwed at Carays...assuming Beklicoso is indoor

You have a good point about the rain, but near the end of July it is a pretty safe bet on no rain.

I'm leaning on the Rosemont/Schaumburg areas as they are pretty close to the airport and hotels for Rob. Orland would be about an hour to hour and a half ride what with all the tollway construction going on right now. Which translates to about 3 hours of wasted precious time for him.

Still waiting on the call from Allison at Caray's. If she doesn't call me in a couple of hours I'll call her.

Belicoso is indoors.

easily accessible from I-88 , I-55, I-355 and I-294.

(roughly 45-40 minutes from airport)

We can Order food and BYOB.

Which will cut down on expenses and tipping of wait staff.

Im just worried we might have bad weather / and or the general manager/ staff/ might have a change of heart and tell us too much smoke is affecting their bottom line. Also I dont like the fact that we need to make so many concessions to be able to go to Harry Caray's.

But whatever the group decides!!

» Belicoso is indoors.

» easily accessible from I-88 , I-55, I-355 and I-294.

»

» (roughly 45-40 minutes from airport)

»

» We can Order food and BYOB.

» Which will cut down on expenses and tipping of wait staff.

»

»

» Im just worried we might have bad weather / and or the general manager/

» staff/ might have a change of heart and tell us too much smoke is

» affecting their bottom line. Also I dont like the fact that we need to

» make so many concessions to be able to go to Harry Caray's.

»

»

» But whatever the group decides!!

Just got off the phone with Allison of Harry Caray's. She advised that they would have to have a guarantee of $2000 for the group to reserve the entire patio for the day, as that is what that space brings into them for the period of time we are talking about. This would make the area under the awning ours as well in case it rains.

I advised her that I didn't think that would be acceptable to the group but I'd get back to her if we decided it was.

Looks like Orland appears to be best shot now, unless soemone has a better idea.

Alex..please post the address to Belicoso if you wouldn't mind and the place we can eat. Lets figure on meeting up between 1 - 1:30 pm on Sunday 20th July at Belicoso. If anyone else is staying at Ohare I can drive. I can only fit 3 passengers so thats Rob-1, Rob's head-2 so I have room for one more :-D .

» Lets do it and pray for good weather :-)

»

» If there is a shortfall I am happy to cover it.

Rob, I've been trying to call you and keep getting a fax response. Is 4922 the correct last four numbers of your store phone?

» » Lets do it and pray for good weather :-)

» »

» » If there is a shortfall I am happy to cover it.

»

» Rob, I've been trying to call you and keep getting a fax response. Is 4922

» the correct last four numbers of your store phone?

e-mail me your number and I will call you Sunday night your time.

[email protected]

+61732574922 (phone)

+61732574933 (fax)