FOH Chicago Get Together

Bob

I get in lunchtime Sunday and am out Monday morning for Havana.

Too quick this time but I will make it up next time.

I have not booked accomodation but the smart move would be to stay at an airport hotel and cab it in.

Keep it simple boys. I just want to catch up, laugh, smoke a few cigars and meet as many of the local crew as possible.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» Bob

»

» I get in lunchtime Sunday and am out Monday morning for Havana.

»

» Too quick this time but I will make it up next time.

»

» I have not booked accomodation but the smart move would be to stay at an

» airport hotel and cab it in.

»

» Keep it simple boys. I just want to catch up, laugh, smoke a few cigars

» and meet as many of the local crew as possible.

Sounds like Schaumburg would work the best for El Prez. I have to agree with habanoal.....I will smoke anywhere. I just want to add that I will also eat and drink anywhere.

Ohare Airport I assume Rob ?? How many will be in your group ? Once we know how many we can determine whether we stay north or south for the get together. If you dont have too many people with you I can pick you up and we can head out since I am 10 minutes from OHare

» Rob

If you are flying into O'hare, I recommend staying in Rosemont, Il. a number of good hotel there, Grand Hyatt, Sofitel etc. and all are minutes from the O'hare airport.

As far as eats, I know a waitress at Gibsons steakhouse 5 minutes from the hotels or there many of the other restaurants within 10 minutes of the lodging.

Please let me know by next month what you guys decide.

Belicoso would be more than happy to host a get together.

We could also use their caterer to cater the event (depending on quantity of ppl would determine if it would be worth the cost +-$400)

And we will be allowed to BYOB as long as we are discreet. If enough ppl come he even said he would close the shop and make it a private event for FOH member/friends/regulars.

Worse case scenario. We can have a few Cigars at Belicoso than move across the street for cocktails and food and more cigars as smoking is allowed on their outdoor patio

If everyone decides to move it to the Ohare area just be aware smoking is not allowed anywere in Rosemont even RAM restaurant outdoors will not allow it. So we would basically be getting together for lunch and drinks and no cigars. And I cant think of any decent tobacco shop large enough in that area to accomodate us and even let us come in.

» Ohare Airport I assume Rob ?? How many will be in your group ? Once we know

» how many we can determine whether we stay north or south for the get

» together. If you dont have too many people with you I can pick you up and

» we can head out since I am 10 minutes from OHare

It is Ohare Bob

I arrive at 10:20am Sunday so I suggest getting together for the afternoon (1pm) and into the early evening.

I will need to be at the airport the following morning 6am for an 8:55 am flight to Cancun and then Havana. Will need to call it quits around 10pm.

To be honest I will reach the nearest hotel airport, iron a shirt and head off for drinks.

It really doesn't matter if the location for drinks and cigars (a must) is up to 30 minutes away from the hotel. It is just a cab ride for me.

So 1. lets decide on the location.

2. Lets say 1pm Sunday to kick it off.

3. We can cater in a light meal come the late afternoon or evening or head out for a quick bite.

We just need a first and a seconder for the location and then we will post a new thread for numbers.

» » Who else is coming with you Prez ? Is it just you alone ?????

»

» Just myself mate.

»

» Footloose and fancyfree :lol2:

Cool..I will pick you up at the hotel and drag your ass around town so you don't wind up lost in some Australian neighborhood . As we get closer let me know where you stay. I believe there is a Hilton or Sheraton inside the airport.

» Chicago Sunday 20th of July. 3pm followed by dinner for those who are

» stayers. The Chicago crew can agree on a location.

»

» At this point mark in your diaries the date and time. Again I will flesh

» out the details by end March.

»

» I have never been to Chicago and am looking forward to it!

I'll mark my calander as well.

Does anyone know ifHarry Carey's in Rosemont, (close to the airport), still alow smoking on the patio?

» OK lets have a vote

»

» Belicoso's or Harry Carry?

»

» Lets work this out by Wednesday and we will see if we can reserve an area

» at either place.

»

» Good work boys!

I vote for Harry Caray's. Belicosos is nicer but much further, like a 30 minute drive at least. However, be sure we an smoke, no exceptions.

Count me in!

I do have to be at the United Center by 5pm for a Cirque du Soleil show with my girlfriend. So I will be there right at the start time for a quick drink/snack/cigar until about 345-4 before heading out. Looking forward to meeting Rob and many local FOH members.

This will technically be my first "herf" so anyone with more experience please contact me regarding "etiquette" about number of cigars to bring and things of that nature. I'm flying blind here. :)

»

» I vote for Harry Caray's. Belicosos is nicer but much further, like a 30

» minute drive at least. However, be sure we an smoke, no exceptions.

Harry Caray's is fine with me but I agree, we need to be 100% certain we can have a party of "x" number they will allow to smoke on the patio. I am not sure they know what they are in for.

Just got off phone with Harry Caray's....fxcking government bullshit. We can't smoke in the outside garden area either. We would have to be 14 ft away from even the outdoor tables. Looks like we will need to do Belicoso .

The Illinois Ban sucks!

But at the restaurant across the street from Belicoso has a huge sign EAT DRINK SMOKE in our PATIO!

Rob we can discuss this in more detail in Vegas.

The entire Belicoso crew will be in attendance. So we can decide on time, food private or open event etc etc.

-Alex

» Just got off phone with Harry Caray's....fxcking government bullshit. We

» can't smoke in the outside garden area either. We would have to be 14 ft

» away from even the outdoor tables. Looks like we will need to do Belicoso

»

are there any other places in Rosemont? Orland is a hike from anywhere but the southern burbs. I'll do some checking.

Sounds like we are getting two different answers from Harry Caray's. I'll call the manager today and find out who is telling the truth here. Time to start taking names I guess.

Can anyone tell me an approximate number that will attend this event? Harry's outside patio will only seat 75. Of that 75 only a portion will qualify for the 15 ft from the entrance smoking rule. Maybe if we have enough we could reserve the entire patio and solve any smoking complaints up front.

If someone can give me a ball park number I'll try to make the arrangements if you guys want me to. If you decide on another place that's fine too. Just LMK