looking for fans of

The SLR Serie A.

Can someone post me their positive thoughts on this cigar. I had two back to back 00's on Saturday and in the flavour department got nothing out of them. This is a prick teaser of a cigar for me....has been sexy enough occasionally enough to have me coming back....but I have had such an extended dry spell......I am beginning to fall out of love.

Someone remind me what it is like at its best.

» The SLR Serie A.

»

» Can someone post me their positive thoughts on this cigar. I had two back

» to back 00's on Saturday and in the flavour department got nothing out of

» them. This is a prick teaser of a cigar for me....has been sexy enough

» occasionally enough to have me coming back....but I have had such an

» extended dry spell......I am beginning to fall out of love.

»

» Someone remind me what it is like at its best.

Sorry Prez, can't help you there. I had my first over the weekend. Stopped by the local cigar shop for a morning stick and picked up the A. I had expected a similar cigar to the JL s2, but was dissappointed. Slightly stronger than the JL2, but none of the flavors. To me, it was just plain flat. Box was from 03.

Yeah.....this thing can be terrific or pants!

Earlier this year I had 3 from an '01 box that were plugged. Pants!

Current ones from an '03 cab are excellent. Flavours noted are cinnamon,spice & toffee.

Is it worth the mess of being teased?

Only you can answer that.

:-D ;-)

the last serie a's into which i dipped were very nice. i can't recall the box date, but it was at least 2003. i remember notes of licorice and a toffee like uniqueness. very creamy with some spice, and a great burn. smoke it slow - i recall it being a cigar that a quick burn really changes, for some reason.

» A few years ago I split a box of these from 99. They were outstanding. A

» subtle honey flavor like an Upmann SC. Went through them inside of a

» month.

I too enjoy this cigar. It is usually my Sunday afternoon type cigar when I just want to relax on the deck. Very mild, creamy and smooth IMO. I generally do not get my hopes up for anything special just a nice cigar experience.

I HAD a box of 01s - From my notes:

From beginning to end full of vanilla, cocoa and citrus. Similar but different than the Reyes. Flavor also included a subtle but very good tobacco flavor - EXCELLENT smoke!

Thanks guys.

You reminded me why I should keep going back.

There are number of cigars from 99/00/01 which appear to need further aging than normal. It is almost that an 03 SLR SA = 00/01 SLR SA.

It was a point of discussion at drinks last Friday at the humidor that 03/04 Monte 2's = 00/01 Monte 2's in flavour and development.

I agree some 99-01 cigars have gotten better, but 03-04 has been plagued with loose draws and that is never going to get better:-(

As far as SLA "A" this is a cigar I can take or leave, never wowed me but never had to throw one out either.

I had some of these from ’01 that I got through a Hunters and Frankau vendor some time back.

They had a nice SLR black cherry taste and the typical cocoa aroma. I enjoyed them quite a bit but as I have been drawn more to thinner ring cigars I never replaced them. I started smoking the SLR Corona instead. I have some wonderful sticks from ’98 that are wonderful now. I may need to pick up a box of these from a newer vintage.

...Rob... -Piggy