Montecristo No 4 Reserva Cosecha 2002

» have you taste it? Is it very different from the normal one?

» Anybody?

»

» Thanks

Vinny if there are no replies I will try one next week. Needless to say I will take the bands off and put them on a standard Monte 4 before selling the rest of the box to Ken ;-)

» » have you taste it? Is it very different from the normal one?

» » Anybody?

» »

» » Thanks

»

» Vinny if there are no replies I will try one next week. Needless to say I

» will take the bands off and put them on a standard Monte 4 before selling

» the rest of the box to Ken ;-)

LOL. I could be wrong but it seems the value lies not in the smoking but in the potential resale value down the road. I don't buy to resell for a profit, only to smoke, so I would be very interested in your tasting notes Rob.

» » » have you taste it? Is it very different from the normal one?

» » » Anybody?

» » »

» » » Thanks

» »

» » Vinny if there are no replies I will try one next week. Needless to say

» I

» » will take the bands off and put them on a standard Monte 4 before

» selling

» » the rest of the box to Ken ;-)

»

» LOL. I could be wrong but it seems the value lies not in the smoking but

» in the potential resale value down the road. I don't buy to resell for a

» profit, only to smoke, so I would be very interested in your tasting notes

» Rob.

I have tried two of these - literally. I have had two of the Monte No.4 Reserva's, but I have never had a Monte 4 otherwise or maybe once, but I do not remember.

The first smoke did not seem very special. I think it was too close to shipment to make a value judgement.

The second smoke was much nicer. Fairly strong, balanced, rich for that ring gauge, and mature to smoke now, but it just isn't my size cigar. If I wanted a cigar around that size, which I just about never do, I would probably want a Siglo II.

Are they worth the money? I think these boxes are best suited for a Monte 4 lover, who wants some special smokes. Considering there are 5000 boxes, and the Monte 4 is the most widely smoked cigar, I doubt they will have a problem finding customers.

I thought the Partagas Serie D No. 4 Reserva was far more special, but I am familiar with regular production Partagas SD4's. The Monte 4 may be just as special in regards to quality of this release vs. regular production. I just don't know them well enough to say.

-DC

• 4 weeks later...

i remember more than 12 months ago i was in the right place at the right time and met one of the cuban marketing persons in a local cigar lounge in Melbourne, i think his name was Jose or something like that. quite a young person. over coffee he let it out of the bag that the Next reserva was a monte 4. we all felt and let him know that if indeed cuba was to release another reserva in Monte cristo then it should be the monte 2 black box. (now that would have been an instant classic) but alas the monte 4 it was. i bought 3 boxes of the SD4, but i wont buy the Monte 4.

can you all image how desirable the monte 2 reserva would have been.

• 10 months later...