Punch SS-1 -- a \"Homerun\"

Young? You bet. Tasty??? ABSOLUTELY!!

Interestingly, the only Punch that has ever disappointed me from the line-up is the SS-2. I know it's the favorite of many, but I've not enjoyed the same passion--from a few different batches too. That said, I DO love the taste profile of the Punch line and have always been particularly fond of the slimmer "SS-1."

Consequently, I knew it was going to be a no-brainer to find these young SS-1's a delicious cigar; and they are. They have a beautiful "barnyard" aroma and medium Colorado-colored wrappers glistening with oils.

I will admit it's a bit strange to see this vitola with a band on it, but I'm quickly getting over it!!

If you've not smoked this cigar, do yourself a favor and try some. Once again--Lisa and Rob come through with a winner!! :-P

Thanks for the heads-up, Shooter. I really love this smoke, but I've never had one less than four or five years old. Boy, things have really changed in the last couple years. So many cigars are smoking good 'young'. It's nothing less than a revolution. And a welcome one, at that...

One of the best cigars going around. I remember in 98/99 almost giving up on these because almost every cab I received was plugged solid. Get one to draw and it was a delight but you would be throwing a hell of a lot out.

Come 2005/2006 (I had a long hiatus away from them) they have been consistently amongst my favourite cigars. Some 2006 are remarkabe in flavour depth and complexity. These have largely become my cigar of choice over the past six months. Great review.