Cuban Vacation

Can anyone offer any advice, travel program or any additional information regarding a trip to Cuba, i.e. where to stay, what area to stay in. Old, downtown or new beach front areas. Anyone who may be familiar with planning vacations to the area.

» Can anyone offer any advice, travel program or any additional information

» regarding a trip to Cuba, i.e. where to stay, what area to stay in. Old,

» downtown or new beach front areas. Anyone who may be familiar with

» planning vacations to the area.

Sorry J, no help here.

I wish I had asked the question before I booked my vacation. I leave this weekend.

I grabbed the deal because I wasn't hit with a massive Single Supplement.

I didn't realise that Cuba was such a large island. I will be staying at the exact opposite end of the island to Havana. It's a 12 hour overnight trip if I want to visit Havana.

There is a cigar factory in Holguin Province near to where I'll be staying in Guardalavaca but my understanding is that they only churn out cheapies for the locals.

The Hotel where I am staying is Atlantico and they do have a well stocked, walk-in humi on site.

I have read lots of reviews online about this resort and the hotel.

That is something you may like to do.

Don't know where you're from but it is not advisable to take USDs or Credit/Charge cards issued by American banks because they won't accept them. There is also an additional 10% surcharge if you change USDs into the local currency which is the Cuban Convertible Peso, written CUCS and pronounced ‘Kewks’. Locals have their own Pesos.

I'm really looking forward to my trip and hope your's goes well.

Mel39

advice: leave wife or girlfriend at home!!!:-D

Seriously, my recommendation would be to start in Havana, but try and get out of the city for a few days. When we were there We had three days in Vinales and this was our best experience, people were friendlier and didn't want anything (ie Jineteras in Havana get very annoying) but converstation.

We stayed in Habana Vieja and found it quite easy to get around, with alot of the historical stuff and Partagas Factory etc within walking distance.

Enjoy and get ready for Cuban time...if somehting doesn't happen straight away, take another puff of your cigar, another sip of your mojito and just enjoy the ride!

Shoot me a line and I will give you a call.

I can certainly put you in touch with some great people in Havana. If you do not want to stay in a hotel I can recommend some private accomodation.

Will advise best places to eat, drink, party, the do's and don'ts + perhaps a private tour of a factory and a custom cigar or two.

If you are taking your wife or girlfriend (recommend only one), then I will rehash the recommendations to accomodate her interests. Just let me know what they are.