Hi everyone, happy to be here

CigarManofKent

Hello folks, I have been lurking for a while gone through the posts, pics and reviews. Some top write-ups, snaps and opinions there guys, nice work. I have smoked for a few years, only 2 or 3 a week so cubans all the way, no point in wasting valuable puffing time. All brands and vitolas enjoyed, got Hoyo du Gourmet's right up to Salamones and Sublimes in the humi. This place looks like good fun, none of the usual forum crap that goes on on some boards. I post on one other site and recognise a couple of guys so should be OK for a reference when I put an order in.

While I'm here can anyone clear this one up for me, a discussion with a mate got me thinking about Maduro 5 Genios (classed as an estupendo) and the RA asia-pacific ER Estupendo. The former is an estupendo by vitola but not by name the latter is an Julieta No.2 by vitola but estupendo by name. Why was the Cohiba given this vitola name if the RA was already released. The word means wonderful in spanish by the way.

» While I'm here can anyone clear this one up for me, a discussion with a

» mate got me thinking about Maduro 5 Genios (classed as an estupendo) and

» the RA asia-pacific ER Estupendo. The former is an estupendo by vitola

» but not by name the latter is an Julieta No.2 by vitola but estupendo by

» name. Why was the Cohiba given this vitola name if the RA was already

» released. The word means wonderful in spanish by the way.

Welcome to FOH. I believe the RA Estupendo is simply the name given to this cigar -

as in Cohiba Esplendido, or LGC Tainos - though I agree it can be confusing.

As to why Habanos would choose to this - I do not know.

Hi and welcome.

Is that Kent in the UK?

If so, a special welcome from another Brit; if not, then a warm welcome anyway.

Can't solve your riddle cos I'm a very new newbie, only taking up cigars from roll-ups from July 1st. The date that the Nanny State decided that us smoking gave everyone else cancer.

Banning the infernal combustion engine would save more lives.

Unfortunately, still having the nicotine habit means I have been smoking an average of three sticks a day, so guess I will overtake you soon in the amount of cigars smoked over a given period. I also supplement the 3 with mini smokes as well.

I'm off to Cuba at the end of next week and am determined to smoke practically non-stop and stock up a bit, then try to take it easier after that. A three cigar a day habit is expensive to keep up, even at C-C's competitive prices.;-)

Regards,

Mel39

You won't last long here if you keep asking difficult questions :lol:

Welcome aboard!

Regional Release name of the Estupendos is very much a marketing angle. Regional Distributors come up with the names although I assume they need to be approved by Habanos s.a.