looking for a cabinet/end table humi

please someone help me. im looking for an oak or oak finish or even something light or honey finish that will match my oak living room, ie: coffee table and end tables. i have been looking and looking and can never find anything that isnt cherry or other dark finishes. not only that, that are not affordable price for me. im thinking about making one myself but would rather put my money on something made specifically for cigars. any info would help. maybe how i might go about getting spanish cedar for lining, and the slotted trays or even better if someone out there has what i am looking for. even a good website, which i havent found one yet. anyone that may have made one and wants to sell it for a reasonable price. or maybe make me one.

I haven't seen a good one that can be had for cheap.

There are several online places that will sell the trays.

If you call around, you can probably find Spanish Cedar at specialty lumber sellers. I've bought it before to line coolers with.

Hope you find or build something nice. I'm not generally a skinflint, but I haven't yet seen my way to spending the kind of money a decent endtable or cabinet humidor costs. I'd rather spend the money on more cigars. :-D

You get what you pay for.

Both Aristocrat and Avallo are very good and affordable for most people. A Cabinet Humidor is something that is going to be used for a VERY long time, and most people that have gone out and made their own will tell you that the cost of making a nice humidor is not cheap. While you may save on the labor, the materials will end up costing almost if not more than one made from a professional cabinet maker.

I have three Aristocrats now.

There is a reason I have three. They are one of the best made humidors on the market.

Each one is custom built by Bob himself.

Go to his website,look around, call him. You will be hooked.

Enjoy your Aristocrat.

» I think if you do your research you should build one yourself.

»

» I can get some Spanish Cedar for you if you like.

»

» Send me an email and I will give you my contact if your in Australia.

thanks to all, i've already been to the aristocrat web site. maybe ill have to contact the guy and see prices. nugget, i live in the states so thanks for your effort. i would like to build my own but not first. i'd rather buy one. got a lot of home improvements to make, landscaping, etc. thats my time.

• 1 year later...

If you are in the States, Rocklers sell Spanish Cedar; if in the UK, I can give you details of a supplier, just email me.

However, it is not as easy as you may think to make a humi that will be completely sealed when closed. I started building one between two shelves of a pine bookcase and completely screwed up. I can't get the temperature down or the humidity up, I may go back to it and finish it one day but all I've managed to do so far is ruin a bookcase.

As someone else has said beware of the cheap ones that are actually made in China. I bought a Cherry one and all the varnish has bubbled up and the lock and key are absolutely crap.

In the end, I bought an electric cooler and put some cedar shelves in. It's packed to capacity now and I'll have to do something with my bookcase for extra storage or get another cooler. A so called "Coolidor" is cool though;-) Here's mine.

image3657.jpg

The humidity is showing a bit high but once the door is closed (and sealed) that will stabilise around the 65% mark with my "Puck" which is also worth getting. It is magic how it keeps the humidity at 65%.

Also bear in mind that you should get the largest you can afford, you'll need it in no time.

Good luck,

Mel39