The Complete Guide for Habanos' Enthusiasts - a Review

The Complete Guide for Habanos' Enthusiasts

Habanos s.a - April 2003

A publication released circa April 2003 as a joint venture between Habanos s.a and Hunters & Frankau UK.  It is/was commercially available in the UK.

The publication comprises a stiff cardboard folder containing loose-leaf pages.  It comes complete with a 57 page booklet "Cultivating a Tradition of Perfection", a cardboard ring gauge, and a poster entitled "The Guide to Habanos Sizes".

There is one page for each of the (then) current 33 brands, showing full size colour images of each cigar with their bands.  The pages are 165mm x 240mm that fold out to a width necessary to accommodate the full range of cigars in each brand.  Within each brand, the cigars are grouped into handmade long-filler, handmade short-filler, and machine made.

This publication is a great snap-shot of the current status of the Habanos range at the start of 2003. It does not included any Limited Editions or Special Series.

Since publication, all of the machine made cigars have either been discontinued or are now handmade; and six of the brands (that only contained machine-made cigars) have been discontinued.

I've always looked askance at "sell side" research, but this might be worth owning.

Just what I need - my honey saying, "Another cigar book?!? You're already leafing through that big white one all the time." :-D

» Just what I need - my honey saying, "Another cigar book?!? You're

» already leafing through that big white one all the time." :-D

tigger......you need to work on the two rule system.

1. No such thing as too many books.

2. No such thing as too many cigars.

;-)

» » Just what I need - my honey saying, "Another cigar book?!? You're

» » already leafing through that big white one all the time." :-D

»

» tigger......you need to work on the two rule system.

»

» 1. No such thing as too many books.

»

» 2. No such thing as too many cigars.

could not agree more. add fishing gear and wine.

i am pretty certain i have a copy that i picked up a few years ago at one of the stores in havana and it is not bad. can't check as most of my books in storage but will when get them back.

» 1. No such thing as too many books.

»

» 2. No such thing as too many cigars.

»

I agree as well - I have many books in various stages of completion, on a variety of

topics. I'm one who enjoys having, reading, and keeping books.

Funny though, I don't own any cigar books :lookaround: