Best Hangover Cure

JMH

Some of you guys are pretty weird...

Anyway, if you really want a limited to no hangover the next morning, you should take a 3mg of MELATONIN and a large glass of water/smartwater/vitaminwater when you get home, right before you go to sleep. While drinking alcohol, your body stops producing Melatonin (sleep hormone that allows Rapid Eye Movement sleep cycles), so by supplementing with it and rehydrating a little, you will wake up feeling well rested and have little to no hangover.

Please note that I have been in the nutrition industry for over 10 years and am a certified sports nutritionist. Good luck and happy drinking. :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Kebab or other big greasy meal before bed. In the morning, if you have to get up (i.e. it is Monday not Sunday!) then for me a cup of tea and toast pre-shower and then if you can stomach it a coffee before leaving. If it is a weekend, then don't get up before you have to, when you do if necessary get some paracetemols/ibuprofen down you, take some water and then get some more kip!

• 2 months later...

» I can easily say that the best cure I've found is good red wine. A few

» glasses will soothe your stomach, and give you that nice fuzzy feeling

» like your brain is wrapped in a warm cloud, and pretty soon you're

» distracted from anything else thats bothering you.

»

» What's yours?

My best cure is prevention. I can be a bad binge drinker sometimes. My old schedule was working a week then off a week, but it was really on a week if you know what I mean.

My secret to never having a hangover is water or Propel in equal amounts or double the amounts of the alcohol consumed. This does not include any experience with beer since I can't drink more than 4 without gettng sick. I'm talking about fine bourbon and inbetwen drinks, I drink water. This has something to do with dehydration the ETOH causes and therefore the horrible headaches. I'm not going to get into the Kreb's cycle and all that, but trust this really works.

CW

» Heroin. A nice big bag 'o smack 'll fix you right up.

Are you really a shrink. Can I register as a patient?

Reminds me of the time in my misspent youth when I pestered my GP that I was suffering depression and he put me on to a shrink in the local hospital who put me on Purple Hearts and Librium.

I rarely drink now. I live alone and it could become too much of a habit. I have so much booze in the apartment though as in my job as a sort of Concierge, I get lots of booze given me by my residents and others, especially round this time of year.

Since Cuba, I do enjoy making Mojitos but am nearly out of Havana Club 7yo and would not pay the UK price of about $50 a bottle when it cost around $18 to bring back.

I am hoping they serve Havana Club at Havana Dreams.:-D

Mel39