Back from Cuba

Arrived back home Wednesday after 10 days in Cuba. Hamlet is in Malaysia for four months, so I missed him. Eduardo is in Costa Rica(permanently?,not sure) La China is back from Europe.

Took a drive out to Pinar del Rio and the Robaina farm. Don Alejandro looked great! He's 88 now, still averaging 4 cigars a day.

Caught a great performance by Haila at Delirio Habanero one night/morning. Made the rounds of the LCDH's.

The only downside was having my luggage gone missing in Nassau, Bahamas from Havana. I'd emptied a friend's locker at R&J of some pretty nice cigars. R&J Robusto EL's, Hoyo Piramide EL's, Particulares,and a couple of the seleccion robustos and piramides.A box of RAG's as well. All gone along with my Salomones,rum, and clothes.

And they say there's no more pirates of the Caribbean!

I did say hello to Don Robaina and Hiroshi for you, Rob!

Welcome back Skin!

Shithouse news regarding your luggage but all too common (especially if you travel with our mate Macho who in 5 trips to Cuba has lost luggage each time).

I will try and hook up with Hamlet in Kuala Lampur over the coming months.

Any new restaurants or night clubs you tried which were worthwhile ;-)

» Welcome back Skin!

»

» Shithouse news regarding your luggage but all too common (especially if

» you travel with our mate Macho who in 5 trips to Cuba has lost luggage

» each time).

»

» I will try and hook up with Hamlet in Kuala Lampur over the coming months.

»

»

» Any new restaurants or night clubs you tried which were worthwhile ;-)

The new Chinese restaurant out at Marina Hemingway (Where Papa's Nightclub used to be) is really good, much better than any of the Chinatown restaurants. A bit pricier, but worth it.

Went to Delirio Habanero (not new) and saw Haila perform-that was a treat!

Pretty much stayed with the tried and true places like Los Nardos, Piccolo's out in Guanabo, etc. Also had a great chef in our 16th floor penthouse apartment in Vedado, overlooking the entire city.

» Patrick you must have had a blast next time i see you at the lounge you

» have to tell me about your trip.

Sure thing Jimmy.

Miami, the city was really nice I had a great time. A lot of history there besides the cigars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Your one lucky guy.....I have not been able to visit my country...All I have are the stories........told to me by the old ones....as the night progress....and the music get's older....you can almost see them relive...the golden days....kind of sad.....but they have high hopes they will gt to visit the Cuba before they die....There some talk of being able to travel there again....and send money to family..from where I stand I could care less about who rules the country.....I care about seeing my family......and helping people out on the island.....I would kill to be able to fish the flats...

Thanks to Rob, Lisa: I can now bring good cuban cigars

Little one asking questions about Cigars much like I did...My grandfahter gave me my 1st puff around 6 years of age...I did not smoke untill I was around 27 again....after my grand fahter deathat age 79....

image3266.jpg

image3268.jpg