R&J Redemption

after all the bagging of late of R&J's, the first smoke i pulled out from the batch of older stuff rob was selling recently was an R&J Prince of Wales from 2001. i had never tried this smoke before tho i remember rob, on a trip to havana, remarking how much he enjoyed them. i think that they have now been discontinued for some time. will revert with a full review but loved it. all is forgiven tho why on earth they would discontinue something so terrific i have no idea. and if this is an indication of what we can expect from these older cigars, i am very excited. the one thing worth noting re this smoke was, although the draw was tight but not too tight, it took more than three hours to smoke. amazing. ever so slow. i've had DC's and even 'A' sized cigars that didn't last nearly as long.

Ken:

Smoked a SUA JUN 01 last Thursday night. Great smoke. It had been over 6 months since I had last had one. I did a review last August, but I actually think the PoW has improved since then. Looking forward to your impressions.

Good to see you enjoyed the POW Ken.

They were quite a popular cigar pre 1999 but got caught up in the construction malaise of that time.

I have had great ones and ordinary ones. A great one is as you describe them. Slow burning with a dance of veils which ever so slowly showcases delicate flavour after delicate flavour.