reply to jimmy re wines for dinner!!

jimmy, for reasons i can't explain, the machine would not allow me to respond in that thread. so trying here.

jimmy, what a fantastic line up. from my end -

1988 Dom Ruinart Blanc De Blancs - i think that this is a great champagne and i am becoming more and more convinved that 1988 is one of the greatest ever vintages - topping even 1990 and a serious challenger to '96 - tho it took a long time to come around.

1999 Meursauct Charmes Domaine Des Comtes La Fon - Lafon is a brilliant producer. very envious of this, tho he is not popular in australia as years ago on a tv show, someone (jancis robinson) unfairly compared his wine with a jcobs creek chardonnay - he actually walked outside his winery to spit - would not have the dregs on the floor - and this created a ruckus, tho hardly a fair comparison and a big price difference.

1996 Clos de la Roche Michel Magnien - i am a firm believer that 1996 is under-rated in burgundy and clos de la roche is pretty fab but i am unfamilar with the producer. trying to find out what i can and if his wines make it here.

1966 Barolo della Vendem Mia Luigi Bosca and Figli Camelli --- C-

»

» 1968 Conterno Barolo Ditta Giacomo Conterno - would have loved to have seen this

» 1985 Stags Leap Cask 23 Napa --- A-

»

» 1996 Royal Tokaji Nyulaszo 6 Puttonyos - and this!

what a great line up.