RJ Petit Piramides LE 05?

» After posting a very favorable review of the RJ Robusto LE 01, I came

» across some very favorable reviews of the RJ Petit Piramides LE 05. I

» looked through the reviews here and couldn't find a review of this cigar.

»

» Any comments?

There are a couple of reviews lower down on this link

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entr...?id=4136#p14280

» After posting a very favorable review of the RJ Robusto LE 01, I came

» across some very favorable reviews of the RJ Petit Piramides LE 05. I

» looked through the reviews here and couldn't find a review of this cigar.

»

» Any comments?

My review of the Petit Pyramid from a ways back (about 12 mos ago):

"Smoked one of these tonight...I've been sitting on one of these for a couple of months and I couldn't resist any longer. I agree with the constuction (excellent) and spiciness, but sad to say no real action on this cigar for me....and, I don't have the palate to discern if this will be good down the road. I think I will let others buy this one up. I do really like this pyramid size and would like to see one of the brands put it in regular production."

In sum, love the size and construction...but nothing exciting as far as taste and lacking in complexity. I will say I really wanted to like this cigar because I have been a fan of RyJ and love the size/shape. If they made this to taste a bit like the Ex4, they would have me hooked and I would have loaded up on boxes. But I will say that I have not really been a fan of the ELs.

I tried a R&J Petite Belicoso LE from my personal stash yesterday. I am down to the last few. I should state that it wasn't a bad cigar. It just wasn't great and certainly not as good as they were 12 months ago. There was a lack of a definitive core of flavour. I sensed it wanted to give more but it just didn't have any more to give. Maybe another 12-36 months and these will evolve but I am a little sceptical. It is a great size. I found it to be very un LE in flavour...no sweet raisin nuances. 86