west wing moment

with the possible exception of buffy, i think that the west wing is perhaps the best television of our generation. extraordinary. just catching up on the latest/last series. so sad it is over.

recently watched what must have been the most courageous tv program ever - where the entire show was nothing but a political debate between the two prez candidates. sounds like a total fizzer but was riverting.

it really seemed as though it was laregly ad lib between the actors who did an amazing job but there was one priceless moment that brought it back. wonder if anyone else caught it. when alda (rep) has a go at global warming, smits (dem) jumps in outraged - 'theories' he yells and then suddenly realises that alda fluffed the line and forgot to call them global warming theories so alda quickly jumps back, 'er yes, theories'. and off they go again but there is a moment where jimmy smits almost loses it and you can see him fighting not to laugh.

loved it.

great show.

» I fully agree also.......I'm just working my way through series 7 now.

»

» But Ken.....................Buffy???????

buffy was an absolute classic. some of the sharpest scripts ever written. i give you as evidence, your own esteemed sydney morning herald, one of the better rags in this country, that (and i think i am correct here) named buffy as one of the five greatest shows ever made.

» The Sopranos is better, I like the West Wing, but I like Band of Brothers

» and The Sopranos better!

big fan of the sopranos but i think that the west wing tops it. missed band of brothers. nine started to replay it late at night not so long ago but stopped after two episodes.

buffy rocks!! seriously.

did you watch much of it? more of the best one-liners than any other show.

all the great issues of our time - girl meets vampire, girl kills vampire, girl meets another vampire - good vampire goes bad and good again, girl loses vampire, girl kills more vamps. what more do you want?

The NSF Thurmont (Camp David) scenes were filmed 10 minutes from my house. The boys and I were riding by the location on the way home one evening and happened to meet Martin Scheen just as he was walking across the road. My truck window passed about four feet from him and he said simply, “Hello”, but in such a dignified manner that the illusion of him as President carried through. Cool guy.

Buffy? What a nancy.:lol2:

» The NSF Thurmont (Camp David) scenes were filmed 10 minutes from my house.

» The boys and I were riding by the location on the way home one evening and

» happened to meet Martin Scheen just as he was walking across the road. My

» truck window passed about four feet from him and he said simply, “Hello”,

» but in such a dignified manner that the illusion of him as President

» carried through. Cool guy.

»

» Buffy? What a nancy.:lol2:

yes, he is just sooooo presidential in that show (rob, take notes). one wonders just where charlie came from?????

as for buffy, cool as sheen is, buffy would kick his butt. i remain steadfast in my support for that as one of the all time great shows.

» yes, he is just sooooo presidential in that show (rob, take notes). one

I’m wondering if that Brokeback Mountain poster may hold more truth than fiction… between your post on the PC thread and your apparent crush on Martin Scheen here, there seems to be substantial evidence that you’re a closet Sodomite!:confused:

» » The NSF Thurmont (Camp David) scenes were filmed 10 minutes from my

» house.

» » The boys and I were riding by the location on the way home one evening

» and

» » happened to meet Martin Scheen just as he was walking across the road.

» My

» » truck window passed about four feet from him and he said simply,

» “Hello”,

» » but in such a dignified manner that the illusion of him as President

» » carried through. Cool guy.

» »

» » Buffy? What a nancy.:lol2:

»

» yes, he is just sooooo presidential in that show (rob, take notes). one

» wonders just where charlie came from?????

»

» as for buffy, cool as sheen is, buffy would kick his butt. i remain

» steadfast in my support for that as one of the all time great shows.

I can stand Charlie Sheen, I can't stand his brother, Martin Sheen's other son Emilo Estaves.

Buffy was a long time faviorte of mine, and not just because it had hot lesbian love, (but this was a big reason;-) ). I loved Joss Whedon other show Firefly which was cut barely before it began. :-(