Virginia Massacre

unforutnately, it was sprung on me while I was watching the stock market programming, CNN have a habit of breaking news in the middle of things... I was shocked and still am and will be for days to come..

Its been a crazy week here in blacksburg. I really don't think the issue here is really gun control but more of the mental health of the student. Even if guns were outlawed and he was unable to obtain a gun, then he would still have found some other way of carrying out his objective (bomb, knives, etc). My 2 cents.

» Today is Hokie Hope day.

»

» My prayers and thoughts go out for the deceased, the wounded, their

» friends and loved ones and all of the Virginia Tech extended community.

» VirginiaTechHokies3.gif

Indeed, I guess its a bit late but wear some orange / maroon to show your support :ok:

I have my Maroon Queensland Reds Rugby Jersey on :-)

When Martin Bryant shot 32 people in Tasmania in 1996 he was portrayed by the press as a weak, sick, insignificant loser piece of ****.

By televising a video of this sick **** CNN has in one fell swoop achieved the shooters objectives and invigorated the plans of any other twisted **** out there to do the same. Does no one see how stupid this is? How damn irresponsible?

Portray the shooter as a sick loser who has no worth. The scum of the earth, weak, small penised, retarded. Takes the gloss of it for anyone considering doing the same.

My apologies for the language but what CNN has done really infuriates me.

This morning, 7 days to the minute after the gunman fired the first shots at Norris Hall, the University community had a memorial moment of silence, after which the bell at Burrus Hall was rung 32 times and thousands of orange and marooon baloons were released into the air along with 32 white ones.

VaTechMemorial.jpg

May the healing begin!