First Monte Especial #2

Don't ask me why I've never had one before. Hell--I don't know. I've certainly smoked a number of his brother--the Cohiba Coronas Especial--also a 6x38 curlytail jewel. Lisa sent me a single along with a recent order and tonight seemed like a nice night to try it out.

Small ring gauge Habanos rarely seem to disappoint. This was no exception. Okay, Okay---so now I see what all the fuss is about! LOL

Seriously--a wonderful cigar.

Much more "Monte flavor" than the # 2 Torps I've had lately. Perfect burn, great construction, lots of smoke, smooth--no harshness--and all from a fairly recent '06 production.

I don't know where I'll fit 'em--but I'm gonna have to make some more room!

--Shooter

No. 2 must be your lucky number, Shooter! And you've struck it rich again. Without doubt, the '06 Montecristos have earned the title of "most improved" marca in 2006. Every one I've tried has been very good to outstanding.

The ABR06 Especial No. 1 is nothing less than stunning... smoother and more approachable than the '06 Monte Piramide, it delivers classic, rich Monte flavors... in spades. Frankly, better than any previous Especial I've had, allowing for age. One of the finest of all the recent releases.

a very good cigar with a nice flavor profile.

the problem i had with my last box (5+ years ago) was that 1/2 were spot on perfect, and the other 1/2 were unsmokeably tight or plugged. no matter how long they were down, some had to be tossed because of the unpleasant experience. these weren't just tight, they were "vein popping out on the side of your neck when you try to draw them" tight.

overall, the construction issues were a huge disappointment and led me, for quite some time and with some other experiences i had, to avoid laguitos, panatelas and the sort altogether. i am just now bucking that trend and finding construction across those vitolas much, much better on the whole.

I love this smoke. You never hear much about it. Its big brother the Monty No. 2 seems to get all the press but I like this better. Great tasting sleak smoke. Only problem is they can be rolled to tight on occasion.