Sancho Panza Coronas Gigantes - Revisited

DTF May 03

My first two tries with this cigar, from two different boxes, both with the same codes,

were somewhat of a disappointment. Rather bitter and herbal - nothing to write

home about.

This was also one of the most recent taste test cigars, and if I recall correctly, most

gave it the thumbs down. With time and weather, finally, for more than a perla or

minuto, I gave another a shot - what a difference.

This one was sweet cream and toasted tobacco, with just enough sweet spice. It

retained this profile for most of the duration, picking up some anise and stewed

fruit with about a third to go. Smooth and never harsh, medium/light in body, it

kept it's compsure until the very end. Nearly two hours of great satisfaction.

So where am I left with this one? I guess with seventeen more to try and figure it

out.

I went out with a girl once (when I was young) who was much the same. She had that edgy sensuality which just entranced me. Unfortunately she was also having difficulties which made her disposition gyrate wildy from incredible loving nymphomaniac to scheming, lying, cleptomaniac. Unfortunately the later was dominant.

The Sancho Panza Corona Gigante has always reminded me of her.

» Unfortunately she was also having difficulties which made her disposition

» gyrate wildy from incredible loving nymphomaniac to scheming,

» lying, cleptomaniac.

I just hope the rest are more of the former, less of the latter :lol2:

Colt, great that I am not the only one that likes the SP Coronas Gigantes around here. After that blind tasting I somehow thought of myself as some kind of weirdo... :-D

I have to admit I only smoked one box so far. I bought my sticks in 1998 and I smoked the first after having them stowed away for five years.

The taste almost always was very subtle but enjoyable. Not as straight forward as Partagas for instance. Some of the cigars did not deliver lots of smoke but there was always a nice tobacco taste that went well with light alcoholics (e.g. Champagne). I wonder if they would have grown stronger if I would have left them rest for another five years. Smoked the latest about three months ago.

Since the CGs are only sold in Spain "around" here and are about to be discontinued (so I have heard, not sure though) I propably will not revisit them again.

Regards,

Tom

PS: My CGs never stole anything though but I always kept them locked up in my Humi. :-P

Tom, they are on the discontinued list, which is why I acquired some.

Given my first two tries, I had to agree with the taste testers. :-D

If most of what I have left taste as good as this most recent sample,

I'll consider it a win.

» Tom, they are on the discontinued list, which is why I acquired some.

» Given my first two tries, I had to agree with the taste testers. :-D

» If most of what I have left taste as good as this most recent sample,

» I'll consider it a win.

Still available, too! hmmm ;-) Thanks for the review! I've been eying the Sanchos but these are a more convenient size.