San Cristobel el Morro

late inclusion - box info LRL DEC 03.

Obvious box press with a nice milk chocolate appearance. The smell cold was quite an attractive mix of creamy milk coffee and some woody hints (had been a bit worried that it was a bit too much like a dirty ashtray until I realised I was sitting next to one). Construction looked fine with one point to be made - when looking into the foot of the cigar, the leaves seemed quite bunched to one side, lopsided, which to me indicated a potential problem with the burn. And so it proved. Although there was quite a good cone, it was very much to one side which did create some initial problems with the burn. And it did need some early attention but once we had worked through the first quarter, it sorted itself out and was no longer a problem. The most notable thing about the burn was just how deliciously slow it was. Took ages - which I see as a big plus. If not for that lopsidedness to start, would have been textbook. The flavours were very much in the mild, creamy coffee spectrum and there were some woody notes, all adding to the complexity. It was a little hot over the last third but all in all, a lovely smoke. And that mild creaminess did come to the fore in the last third. Liked it a lot. Definitely worth a few in the humidor and one where I would think 2-5 years would be close to optimum. 90.

(had been a bit worried that it was a bit too much like a dirty ashtray until I realised I was sitting next to one).

Ken...come on mate.....time to get your mum over for the annual Apartment clean.

Only have had one El Morro. It was plugged at the head, after giving myself a melon ache from hard drawing I got pissed (cussed El Prezzy;-) ) and clipped past the knot....perfection. I'd rate it up there with your review Ken. Other than the plug, which I worked through, it was a fantastic smoke.

» Very unlucky CIGARHead.

»

» I can't recall the last plugged cigar that has escaped our in depth

» quality inpection program :lookaround:

this is like one of those moments in 'friends' when chandler gets all tied up because there are just soooo many possible responses.