12DoC Review 5 - CoRo

Phailure

12DoC Review 5 - CoRo

Today I smoked a '06 production CoRo to see how it would stack up to the siglo II. The CoRo was very beautiful. It looked better than the siglo II in my opinion. The wrapper was very smooth without any prominent veins. Construction was up to Cohiba standards and the burn was straight for the most part. A few minor touch ups were required at the beginning but nothing that detracted from the experience.

The CoRo opened up with some grass, cedar, nuts, and coffee notes. The grass was initially stronger than I prefer but that soon faded away. Soon some honey joined the party. During the middle, some other flavors showed up. I wasn't able to put my finger on what the flavors were exactly. Though I did notice some citrus flavors in the latter portion. Obviously I need to smoke more and get more experience :-P . The CoRo was very enjoyable.

One thing that was strange is that it smoked like a small RG stick. If I tried to smoke it too quickly, the robusto would tell me to slow down with some bitterness on the finish. I wasn't really expecting that from a large RG stick. I enjoy small RG cigars so I didn't really have a problem with it though.

I felt the CoRo was a complex smoke but somewhat unbalanced due to its youth. Flavors had not had time to marry. Something told my tastes buds that this would be special in a few years though. Kind of like a plain jane girl who grows up to be something special in a few years. The flavors were enjoyable and the CoRo was rich but not as much as the siglo II. For current smoking, I'd have to take the siglo II. A few years down the line, that could be completely different. I'm going to give my particular sample of CoRo a 91/100.

coro1qw2.jpg

coro2pj3.jpg

Loving your reviews :ok:

I find your review to be spot on. I can eliminate much of the bitterness of young Cohiba Robusto by putting them into an unhumidified dry box for a day or two prior to smoking. I keep 8-10 cigars in my dry box most of the time.

This cigar has great pedigree and the 06's have all been flavoursome.

» Loving your reviews :ok:

»

» I find your review to be spot on. I can eliminate much of the bitterness

» of young Cohiba Robusto by putting them into an unhumidified dry box for a

» day or two prior to smoking. I keep 8-10 cigars in my dry box most of the

» time.

»

» This cigar has great pedigree and the 06's have all been flavoursome.

I'll have to try that when I smoke the CoRo from my other 12DoC sampler. Thanks for the tip!

» Loving your reviews :ok:

»

» I find your review to be spot on. I can eliminate much of the bitterness

» time.

»

» This cigar has great pedigree and the 06's have all been flavoursome.

Thanks Rob! I will give that a try and will let you know how it turns out.

» I can eliminate much of the bitterness

» time.

»

Rob, do you know what humidity your dry box is? My house is usually about 45% RH due to use of air conditioning so that is what I would expect an unhumidified box would be. I'd like to try your technique but don't want them to be dried out.

Also, great review!

My dry box varies depedent on whether aircon is on or off. It can be anywhere from 50% to low 60's

There is something about storing cigars in a dry box which I find appealing. It changes the whole smoking experience of the cigar regardless of the external conditions. If you are in aircon, then just store them for a day.

Love your reviews keep up the nice work. I just had the pleasure of smoking a CoRo yesterday, date is unknown but I know it had to be within the last year, and it was just as you describe and even had some nice hints of spice to it. I love the honey and coffee/cream flavors these emit, can't wait to try some of the 06's.

» My dry box varies depedent on whether aircon is on or off. It can be

» anywhere from 50% to low 60's

»

» There is something about storing cigars in a dry box which I find

» appealing. It changes the whole smoking experience of the cigar regardless

» of the external conditions. If you are in aircon, then just store them for

» a day.

LOL..Rob in Florida we cant shut off our a/c units and my ambient rh is right on with Prof Twain since I am in FL also Jupiter to be exact

I must try this also