a good wine

ccsmoker

Can anyone recamend a good fruity red wine,or a not so dry white wine?I have a couple of bottles that was gifted to me over the holidays.I not a big wine drinker so I don't know if thi stuff is any good.I got 2 Roberts Rock Shiraz/Melbec 2003, 2 Monsieur Touton Merlot Bordeaux 2004 Grande Reserve,Villa Antinori Chianti Classico Riserva 2000,Querceto Chianti Classico 2004,and a few Cardinale Lanata Moscato D'Asti any help would be great..:-)

» Looks like some good chit. The Moscato is a sweet dessert wine. All the

» reds are on the dry side,cept the Chianti's. They're a little less dry.

» X:-P

Funny how palates can differ - I would call the chiantis the drier, more tannic of the

group, especially compared to merlots :lol:

One of the reasons I enjoy Italian wines in general is that they tend to be more

structured, and have a bit of a bite to them.

As for a fruity, or what I would call a softer wine, I like the Coppola Rosso. It is

a zinfandel based blend. It's softer, without being flabby, and can be had for

around $10 US. Of course, there are many others - findining wines you enjoy

is half the fun.

» Love those Rieslings and Sauvignon Blancs. Where's Ken, he's a pro at this.

doing my taxes. what a nightmare.

love riesling (had a donnhoff trocken last night with a mate and it was spectacular, and an 82 grand puy lacoste which was even more so but obviously not riesling and i digress).

have not seen the roberts rock.

would agree with colt re the chianti which is the only one i'm specifically familiar with. it should be good if well cellared.

the moscato is normally fun. will be lower alcohol and both slightly sweet and fizzy. great for a sunny arvo and it is one of the ferw wines which taste specifically of grapes. which sounds odd but is true.