STORAGE SOLUTION

for those out there without a really good humidor but have, say, six boxes or more, especially if you are thinking of putting them out of harm's way (ie, late night raids when it seems a good idea to smoke your best which leads to regrets in the morning - and more money in rob's pocket to replace them), i have a storage option for you. i have an arrangement with one of the local professional wine storage companies (they are all over the place now) and have bundled up quite a few boxes into a larger box (eg, normal wine box) and put them in. the charge will/should be something like $1 to $3 a month for the large box, depending on what they usually charge for a case of wine.

these wine storage companies usually have humidity of around 65 to 70% and temp of about 15 degrees so are ideal. also, security is usually good (and it is a great way to make sure that the box you bought for five years down the track is still there and not gone up in smoke).

i have had quite a few boxes in for about 6-12 months now and checked them all today. perfect.

Great suggestion Ken.

But it certainly takes away the ability of looking lovingly at your stash.

Once the kids leave home....convert a spare room into a walk in humidor.

Actually...why wait ;-)