Partagas de Partagas No1. DTF Sep 03

asmith

Partagas de Partagas No1.

DTF Sep 03

Dalias

Cigar:Deep tan colour bordering on chocolate

Smell at cold: An aged barn yard with sweet spices

Cut & Draw: A light oily sheen to the wrapper. A good draw, perhaps a little tight, however well constructed

Flavours

1/3 Spice and sweetness all tied together with good length on the palate. Instant unmistakable Partagas flavours. Although this is an 03 cigar there is still a grassiness and edginess to it that sets it well for extended aging.

2/3 Developed a bitter chocolate flavour but only slightly. Still a consistent medium body cigar.

3/3 Burn and construction of the cigar is still supurb. A soft hint of citrus has developed but secondary to the sweet spice which is still the prominent flavour. That flavour has remained for the length of the cigar.

Final Comment A great cigar with still many years left in it. However somewhat one dimensional in flavour at this point in time. The redeeming feature (if one is needed) is that the constant core flavour pf Partagas savoury spice and paprika sweetness is sublime.

Drink Tahbilk Cabernet Sauvignon

Smith Scale of 1-13: 11.5

»

» Final Comment A great cigar with still many years left in it.

» However somewhat one dimensional in flavour at this point in time. The

» redeeming feature (if one is needed) is that the constant core flavour pf

» Partagas savoury spice and paprika sweetness is sublime.

I think you'll find that of the Partagas Dalias (898V, Seleccion Privada No. 1, and PdP No. 1), this is the most rustic and one dimensional of the bunch. I have smoked from an 03 batch and from an 01 batch...both have that great Partagas taste throughout the smoke, but there is not a ton of complexity there. No huge changes in flavor. That said, I love this cigar. For me, it is akin to the R&J Cazadores, just in Partagas guise.