That\'ll be One Each then

can't believe it! never thought we had a shot so cleaning out garage and didn't even remember it was on. just walked back in. probably would have had a heart attack if been watching. it has been fantastic cricket.

before that, hardly missed a ball. roll on thursday!

Been a long time since I can remember test cricket being so exciting.

First Warney pulls another ball from his bag & proceeds to tear up the Poms, then Freddie Flintoff does a great "Beefy Botham" impersonation & belts Lee out of the ground!

And then when he gets the ball Freddie takes the Aussies out, & somehow their bowlers nearly bat out the runs to win the test!!

Phew, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Looking forward to the next bout, & see if the Aussies can really win a game without "OO - AA" McGrath on deck. Suggest the Poms just take Warney out of the equation by putting some friendly girls at his feet!:-D

what do you think the pommie papers have been doing - one long stream of girls for scandals but no point no (apparently they tried it years ago and the silly woman, who i'm told picked up a cool 25,000 pounds for the story, hit on swervin' merv, the only single bloke on the tour - knida stuffed the story).

thank god the next test is thursday so we only have a few days of the poms actually believing they have a shot. the good news is that the poms can't play better and we can't play worse. the only variable is our brain dead capt making potentially ashes losing decisions like sending them in on a belter. and won't the pommie groundsmen being coming up with green tops to counter warnie and no mcgrath.

still, 4-1 is not perfect but we'll settle.

Ken, Ken, Ken.

You have to get something done about that keyboard of yours.

It has a nasty habit of what the Yanks call 'running off at the mouth'.

Exciting, cliff-hanger cricket is good for us. If it is too much for you find a neighbour who needs their garage cleaning out & volunteer.

I am making space for another 10 SLRDC's as we type.

:lol:

» what do you think the pommie papers have been doing - one long stream of

» girls for scandals but no point no (apparently they tried it years ago and

» the silly woman, who i'm told picked up a cool 25,000 pounds for the story,

» hit on swervin' merv, the only single bloke on the tour - knida stuffed the

» story).

» thank god the next test is thursday so we only have a few days of the poms

» actually believing they have a shot. the good news is that the poms can't

» play better and we can't play worse. the only variable is our brain dead

» capt making potentially ashes losing decisions like sending them in on a

» belter. and won't the pommie groundsmen being coming up with green tops to

» counter warnie and no mcgrath.

» still, 4-1 is not perfect but we'll settle.

Ken,

I just hope for my sake that they dont win the whole damn thing. I am traveling to london in Late September, I dont want to have to put up with the comments if they win, at least if they loose they have nothing.

Ross...

you're worried about a visit? god, i had to live in the miserable place last time we lost the ashes. will never forgot (nor recover from) the line of 'fellow employees' filing past my desk, morning after morning, - oh hell, even now it hurts to recall it, let alone write about it.

ps - i meant 'miserable place' in its nicest possible sense.

things were helped a little by pat cash and wimbledon and the fact that the greek fourths would have whipped the poms at rugby at the time. (and i for one thought maradona's 'hand of god' goal was one of the most priceless moments in sporting history). it may not seem like it but i did have a ball 'over there'.

i see that ooh aah is a possibility. that'll be situation normal then and the upstart pommy batsmen crapping their creams!

(i have just realised that there is probably absolutely no possibility that our friends from the us of a have any idea what i am on about but - and my grasp of american history is somewhat dodgy though i have read the leading text, 'dave barry slept here - a sort of history of the united states' - think of ooh aah as a modern day paul revere and goerge washington rolled into one).

» you're worried about a visit? god, i had to live in the miserable place

» last time we lost the ashes.

Ken,

Words cannot express the pain. I suppose if we loose the ashes they wont have much anyway, since well lets face it as cricket players they make good butchers, and we can let them have one win in every couple of decades cant we. I am only in London for 72 hours, but driving from North to South over 4 days, so hopefully the people up north wont be as bad.

However, I feel that being an Australian I will have to put up with jives nomatter what happened, because if we win no doubt in the English peoples mind we would surely have cheated in some way!

Regards

Ross...

Maybe they need a bonding session & figure out which of their team mates they'd like to eat & how they'd like 'em prepared.

Oo Ah'd probably go well with ginger, spring onions & a good, oaky chardonnay.

;-)