cohiba millenium pyramide

tried this once before, back in 2002. really enjoyed it then. had one left, picked up from rob at the time. had really been looking forward to it and decided it would be a good one to enjoy while watching the wallabies dismantle italy. well, weren't both total disappointments.

started reasonably well with some nice nutty, spice, raisiny, roast meat, cashew notes but soon fell into a hole. lot of draw problems and a ragged burn. needed numerous re-lits. flaky (never used that word re a cigar before but this was how it felt). it never really got going at all and by the end, i few hints of orange citrus but mostly quite metallic. very disappointing (disappointing in the same manner that the cuaba salamones is). 80 at best.

the only good thing was that with a range of cigars of late, i have been drinking a little amontillado sherry and it is a fabulous match. not quite ready to put the rum away for good but this is am terrific alternative.

re the cigar, i am hoping that this one was just an aberation and that they are a better smoke than this.

» started reasonably well with some nice nutty, spice, raisiny, roast meat,

» cashew notes

Sounds like a nice Cohiba :-)

» but soon fell into a hole. lot of draw problems and a ragged

» burn. needed numerous re-lits. flaky (never used that word re a cigar

» before but this was how it felt). it never really got going at all and by

» the end, i few hints of orange citrus but mostly quite metallic. very

» disappointing

Sounds like a fake :-D lol

»

» Sounds like a fake :-D lol

bought it from rob so it better not be!!

did start well but just died. i'd like to think that may be in ten years, they will sing but on the evidence of this one, ten days was overkill. i suspect i just got a dud as the other one (bought same time as two single sticks) had looked much better even though younger. i would have had no hesitation believing it would do the ten years easily.

» For what it is worth I love the Cohiba Millenium Pyramide (in ceramic

» jars).

» Classic Cohiba profile with the addition of a shortbread note. I have not

» had a bad one.

Down to 1 jar left and have to agree. One of my all time favs (and I don't like Cohiba that much).

~M