Vegas Robaina Famosos

Colt45

Not really a review, but more of an update / comparison of previous tastings.

I tried another from a group of singles purchased last year.

Beautiful deep tan color - I think that overall, VRs are the most beautiful cigars

coming out of Cuba.

The draw was perfect, with clouds of smoke.

This one started out with a heavy dose of white pepper that subsided some, but

never went away. Rich earthy tobacco was the main component, and it never

really deviated from the pepper / earthy profile.

At times I sensed some youthful herbal qualities, but they never really came to

the fore. Overall, it was medium - full in body, and quite smooth.

In looking back at the previous samples I've tried, this one seems to be coming

out of the funk of the last one - full force, but nothing like my first sample.

To be honest, I'm left scratching my head - I'm not sure what to make of these.....

Vegas Robainas are made with the finest tobacco grown in the region.They age really well.Just put them away & try one every 3-6 months.If you can waite 3-5 years,you will be rewarded with an incredible smoking experience.:yes:

I am a fan of these but find, perhaps more than others, that they need years away to get real VR complexity. In that way I find them the same as HDM Epicure No 1.

If I get a chance, I will fire up an 06 today and see what the aged Ligero has contributed.

If I get a chance, I will fire up an 06 today and see what the aged Ligero has contributed.

I've had a few '06 samples and thought they were pretty damned good. Definitely on the stronger end of the VR spectrum, and already showing the intense and complex spice that makes 'em "Famous"! One to put away for a year or two.

I've got two boxes from 06 tucked away. I've smoked 2 so far and even a couple of months made a tremendous difference although their potential does shine through. I am going to wait quite awhile until I have another. Yes they were a bit harsh and tannic but still rich, chocolate, tobacco flavor which comes through beautifully!

I agree that these are some of the better cigars coming out of Cuba today but, like most worthwhile things, require a bit of patience and self restraint. :-(