Carrying a CigarCaddy on a flight

I am flying out to Cali on Saturday and have my CigarCaddy filled up. I dont trust the folks who rummage through your bag enough to just stick it in w/ my luggage so I want to carry it on. Its the big 25ct black CigarCaddy.

My question: What experience has anybody had good/bad carrying on a big black box full of cigars on a plane. I can just see them hasseling me about it.:angry:

Any experiences would be mucho appreciated:ok:

In all the times I've flown with cigars, I've always carried them on, and have never had a problem. They've never even asked to open a travel humidor or pulled them out of my carry on. Remember that most airlines allow one carry on, plus one personal item. The caddy would count as your personal item.

I'm flying this weekend myself - 25 count caddy as well. I hope I didn't just jinx myself! Safe travels.

Thanks for all the good info..i feel better now.

Safe travels for you as well Colt45.

Oh, Mr. Rogue, I already have the Kevlar suit hangin up ready to wear. Gotta be prepared you know. As fer them loud bangy things, they will be nothing to me - once in my suit I will be transformed into Super Cigar Mang:cool:

» Thanks for all the good info..i feel better now.

»

» Safe travels for you as well Colt45.

»

» Oh, Mr. Rogue, I already have the Kevlar suit hangin up ready to wear.

» Gotta be prepared you know. As fer them loud bangy things, they will be

» nothing to me - once in my suit I will be transformed into Super Cigar

» Mang:cool:

If they are Cuban, make sure you take the bands off. They can be seen through x ray( the kind of bands they are)

» If they are Cuban, make sure you take the bands off. They can be seen

» through x ray( the kind of bands they are)

LMAO! I just got done making the bands disappear and re-banding w/ just the name. Always be one step ahead;-)

Guest crossbow

» I've flown many time and only take the bands off when returning from other

» countries.

Yes me too. I take the bands off when returning from other countries but put them back again once I am safely at home.

Cigarhead, I've travelled to Orlando, Chicago and California by plane> I've placed my two 15-counts at the bottom of my handcarry. All cigars had bands on. I never had a problem with them at the airport.

:-D :-D :-D so far so good!!

I frequently travel from the US to Europe and back and I always bring my 10 count cigar caddy with me from the US and have never had a problem carrying in my backpack. I also have never had a problem bringing it back to the US filled with Cubans.

no problems for me... when travelling in the states...even when i had to the extra "random" search area where they looked through all my stuff and patted me down... one of the guys commented on the nice stash i had and gave me a wink... these guys and gals are airport security not customs... they just are doing there job to attempt to keep our airports and planes as safe as possible, they dont have time or the jurisdiction to question customs issues...

now if going out of the country or coming back in, i would definately remove the bands and replace them with my "custom" hand calligraphied ones... :-D

What a timely post. I was about to write the same question to the forum. I am flying to Alaska for a week of fly fighing and could not do the trip with out the Habanos.

Scared to death about getting into trouble or having them confiscated. I love my bands on cigars and hate to remove them.

Problem--- 25cnt box ain't goin to cut it for the whole week. Could need 30-35 sticks.

• 3 years later...