commemorative cigar - response from havana

a mate in havana has just told me he has been smoking an "85 years commemorative cigar (Churchill size) dedicated to Don Alejandro Robaina". the hurricane killed further communication but trying to find out more. is this familiar to anyone?

I remembered reading something about it on the 2004 festival. It was the V habanos festival where they celebrated Don Alejandro Robaina's 85th birthday as well. Therefore the cigar was offered.

» a mate in havana has just told me he has been smoking an "85 years

» commemorative cigar (Churchill size) dedicated to Don Alejandro Robaina".

» the hurricane killed further communication but trying to find out more. is

» this familiar to anyone?

It was the 6th festival during the "Floridita Churchill Dinner"and the cigar double corona to celebrate the 85th birthday of Alejandro Robaina with a commemorative band.

They also gave out were a Romeo y Julieta Churchill with a band dedicated to the illustrious politician, one of his granddaughters, Jenny who was present at the event.

» It was the 6th festival during the "Floridita Churchill Dinner"and the

» cigar double corona to celebrate the 85th birthday of Alejandro Robaina

» with a commemorative band.

»

» They also gave out were a Romeo y Julieta Churchill with a band dedicated

» to the illustrious politician, one of his granddaughters, Jenny who was

» present at the event.

Opps i guess i lied! Thank n2advture for the info. Something new i learn everyday.

Got a response from my mate in Havana about this cigar which ties in with what members have been posting, so thought I would pass it on. And many thanks to those who also let us know.

“The 85 year’s commemorative cigar was only produced to honour Don Alejandro Robaina during the Floridita Churchill Dinner held within the Habanos Festival in Feb. 2004. Just 2,500 sticks were offered to the participants and I was lucky enough to sneak some for myself and for truly friends of mine while touring the Middle East and Europe in July 2004. The band resembles the threading of the Robaina’s semi plain box and Gold stamping 85 in the middle in a dark background. Size? A Prominente (49 ring gauge x 194 mm) I was kind of confused when I sent the message. The last one in my stock was smoked during the hurricane. I’d never know if I would survive after that f…tropical system pass on so my “last cigar” would be one of a kind. It was spectacular, man, a Habano to remember. The other cigar offered that night was a Churchill size with the band showing the face of Sir Winston Churchill, smoke in his mouth. Great cigar indeed but the 85 Robaina took the lead from the beginning. F…man, what a cigar.”