PJ\'s Horse update

Here you go Rob, the update from Luke, I am sure you will pull it to pieces

PJ:-D

La bella Mer ran on Tuesday in her trial and went well.

She jumped well then dropped to the back after the start of the race. She ran fifth on the rail out of 6 for most of the trip, then we they came to the turn Collass, pulled her to the outside and passed one and made up a few lengths and look like passing them all, but then took a hold of her and ran her along for 4th, she was about 4 lengths behind the winner. Quite a good trial. What was also good is that one of Bailey's other horses won the trial, yet we got the better jockey from the stable which is a good sign.

She ran in Heavy shoes, where the other 3 in front of her were in racing shoes. My uncle Rossy thinks that the racing shoes will be 4-6 lengths quicker then the heavy shoes. So all in all it was good.

I spoke to Alan, He said that he treats a trial, just like a trial, he does not want to push the horse. He said that he was happy and that he feels that he has got her right this preparation and she has no injury or soreness. He said that she should be able to run 2000 metres and he is happy with what she has done.

He will either trial her in 3 weeks or put her straight in a race.

Luke

Rob the decipherer:

» La bella Mer ran on Tuesday in her trial and went well.

»

» She jumped well then dropped to the back after the start of the race (Luke you idiot...she couldn't keep up). She

» ran fifth on the rail out of 6 for most of the trip, then we they came to

» the turn Collass, pulled her to the outside and passed one (good God! There is a slower horse!) and made up a

» few lengths and look like passing them all (but didn't), but then took a hold of her

» and ran her along for 4th, she was about 4 lengths behind the winner.

» Quite a good trial (I can't wait to see a bad one).. What was also good is that one of Bailey's other

» horses won the trial, yet we got the better jockey from the stable which

» is a good sign.(Bailey new that your horse needed all the help it could get)»

» She ran in Heavy shoes (They are corrective shoes. MY GOD...SHE IS DEFORMED!) where the other 3 in front of her were in racing

» shoes. My uncle Rossy thinks that the racing shoes will be 4-6 lengths

» quicker then the heavy shoes. (Uncle Rossy is a Butcher by trade)So all in all it was good.

»

» I spoke to Alan, He said that he treats a trial, just like a trial, he

» does not want to push the horse. He said that he was happy and that he

» feels that he has got her right this preparation and she has no injury or

» soreness. He said that she should be able to run 2000 metres and he is

» happy with what she has done. (Allan is Very happy that he has you suckers fully paid for another 3 weeks)»

» He will either trial her in 3 weeks or put her straight in a race. (No...he will trial her, she will have shin soreness and rested a further 5 weeks. That is a total two months extra income before she runs 3rd last in the first race in Woodgel Woodgel )»

pj, i'm not real good with horses and worse with maths but if there are two horses from the same camp and the one with the best jockey doesn't even run a place but the one with the lesser jockey romps home first, wouldn't the thinking be that yours (ie best jockey and no place) is little more than a donkey in drag? what could possibly be considered good about that? the bloke spinning you this has been to the rob ayala school of pr!