Production Schedules

This question is born out of frustration more than anything else (i.e. not being able to find RASCC ANYWHERE that I know of), but I was lead to thinking about what actually ships from Habanos. I'm guessing that they don't make everything "in current production" at all times throughout the year. Are there some vitolas that essentially have "releases", i.e. they stockpile small production until they can box it all and make a huge market saturating release? Or, do they take orders from distributors and have small production trickle out as the new boxes are ready to go out.

Also, are there times of year when certain vitolas are made more than others? I'm not sure if anyone knows the answers to these questions, but my frustration bore fruit in the form of a rambling, complicated post. Carry on:-D

» This question is born out of frustration more than anything else (i.e. not

» being able to find RASCC ANYWHERE that I know of), but I was lead to

» thinking about what actually ships from Habanos. I'm guessing that they

» don't make everything "in current production" at all times throughout the

» year. Are there some vitolas that essentially have "releases", i.e. they

» stockpile small production until they can box it all and make a huge

» market saturating release? Or, do they take orders from distributors and

» have small production trickle out as the new boxes are ready to go out.

»

» Also, are there times of year when certain vitolas are made more than

» others? I'm not sure if anyone knows the answers to these questions, but

» my frustration bore fruit in the form of a rambling, complicated post.

» Carry on:-D

What is made is dependent on what is requested by Habanos s.a but influenced greatly by what physical resources are at hand (wrapper and filler/blend).

Some cigars are made almost continuously (Monte 4/2, Cohiba Robusto, D4 etc). Others are limited to only once or twice a year for very small production runs (SLR DC, PLPC).

As a rule Habanos s.a do not purposely stockpile stock...they get it out and hard currency in as quickly as possible. The exception of course is for new releases where a critical mass is required.

Habanos distributors can request and backorder stock. The exact methods of allocation to distributors for high demand low production lines is still a contentious issue as accusations of favouritism are rife.

Distributors do not know what is being produced in the factories.

In regards to Ramon Allones Small Club Corona's they are produced in bursts. I have not seen any for the best part of six months.

In summary, what you have is a far from transparent system which frustrates everybody. It is classicly Cuban :lol: