Partagas Short

My first thought is why would you bother? Stick with the Petit Corona or step up to a D4. The Gala Dinner at the Festival was to celebrate a Partagas anniversary, so it was all their cigars and this was one of the first cabs off the rank. I know that this cigar has many fans but it has yet to grab me (my first thought was that the best way to improve it would be to make it even shorter). I found it very ordinary, hard, unpleasant, a hot dirty finish and an irregular burn (actually, the notes I scribbled were more precise but not really for a family forum like this). I’m happy to try it again some time but until then, 76.

Rob: The dinner Shorts were dissapointing. I didn't know whether to smoke it or throw it back to Habanos. Picture this...you have paid 500 USD and they start with a Partagas Short....I was looking for Fidels signature on the band. To make matters worse, the Partagas short supplied was a shocker and on the dry side. This explains much of Ken's comments (and he wasn't even drinking at the time). 82

doing the look at old notes to compare how things smoked in cuba with past efforts and i found several notes on these, all very positive. makes the thing even more disappointing. i suspect that the discrepancy here and with a few others, is that we are getting extremely young (perhaps only a week or two since they were rolled) cigars and they are not smoking as well.