2005 Limited Editions

A dozen members of the Cigar Club of South Africa (including our favourite winemaker with a case of wine) gathered on the top floor of the Arabella Sheraton hotel in Cape Town to try the Monte D and Upmann 50 limited editions. After brief industrial action (the tasters declined to work until more wine arrived ) the consensus was that the Monte D is one of the greatest cigars in the past 10 years and best of it's shape. The Upmann was also very good. Views of the whole of Cape Town at night, great wine and cigars and the company of special friends. And nobody mentioned the Rugby.

Great setting Bernard! If you have any photo's...post them or shoot them through to me and I will do so.

We receive our first shipments this week and look forward to a similar tasting :-P

Looking forwad to the Rugby Saturday night :-D

» Great setting Bernard! If you have any photo's...post them or shoot them

» through to me and I will do so.

»

» We receive our first shipments this week and look forward to a similar

» tasting :-P

»

»

I'll be waiting with my trigger happy finger!!! :-D

so who is the favourite winemaker? a group of us in the barossa for a tasting or two watched last year's aust v sa game with kevin arnold and charles back. we had a ball and they took the thumping very well (a long distant memory after last weekend). as one bloke said at the time, imagine finding not just one but two likeable south africans.

Our favourite winemaker is Jabulani Ntshangase, maker of Thabani Wines, Cigar lover and one of the founders of the Cigar Club. Conveniently as well he owns a wine shop at the Arabella Sheraton, home of Raleighs Cigar bar and a venue quite popular in the late evenings. They even welcome Aussies!!