2006 Diplomatico 2 Vs 2005 Diplomatico No 1

Shrink twisted my arm to do a comparative review on the 06 Diplomatico 2 and 05 Diplomatico 1. Research and development should be shared :lol2:

"Just finished the Dip 2 along with a bottle of Temperanillo and a platter of aged Gouda, fresh sliced pear and sliced turkey breast. Lisa doesn't believe that this was part of a requested taste test.

The 06 Diplomatico 2 started of full and spicy...white pepper. A hell of a lot stronger than the 05's but not out of balance. By the first third it mellowed into a mid body cigar with a wider variety of flavours...a little white pepper, citrus peel, almost over extracted espresso. The finish was a little more full bodied but along the same flavour profile. The draw was on the easy side....a touch easier than I like but it did not detract from the cigar. Overall an excellent 06 offering with loads of upside. I must say the burn was exceptional.

The 05 Diplomatico 1 yesterday however was my prefered cigar. It never reached the out and out full body of the initial 1/3 of the Dip 2 but it had loads of sweet spice ...citrus peel almost marmalade, sweet paprika (which I crave) in a mid to full body profile. I just thought that it had better balance which is understandable given it's 8 months greater age.

My job here is done. Please explain to Lisa why she found me on the deck for an hour and a half

I will post this review on the forum.....just to reinforce the fact that I was working !LOL!

Cheers mate"

Thanks for all the hard work, Rob. Sounds tough, but as they say, somebody's gotta do it. As good as the '06 Diplo #2s are, it is good to know that the '05 #1s are even better. I'm looking forward to smoking 'em!

» Thanks for all the hard work, Rob. Sounds tough, but as they say,

» somebody's gotta do it. As good as the '06 Diplo #2s are, it is good to

» know that the '05 #1s are even better. I'm looking forward to smoking 'em!

You should thank me. Lisa left early in disgust :lol: