punch super selection No 2

• 4 weeks later...

Smoked two these while away, one on the first evening of the trip pre-crossing. It was actually about an hour after a Siglo VI - normally that would’ve wiped me but the Sig had been so good and so balanced that I felt like another smoke. And what a brilliant smoke it was. I have been a big fan of these but I have never smoked one that was as goosebumb-inducing as this one. It was incredibly smooth and balanced and subtle and full of those wonderful creamy coffee and caramel notes. It smoked superbly all the way through. Whoever in Havana had the idea to discontinue these needs to be sacked immediately. Hard to imagine a better, more enjoyable smoke. 94.

I’d taken two to the Island so was keen to have another go after that one. The second was good but much more pedestrian than the first - not sure why. They are most likely to have come from the same cab - EAR JUL 02 - tho a small possibility it sneaked in from some of Rob’s other stock. Nothing wrong with it and good herbal and dry earth notes but nowhere near as exciting. 88.